Turn signals & lights

Well poop. I figure I might just give the original unit I was thinking about a try. It gets great reviews... but we'll see. It's Amazon so I can always send it back if necessary (I hate doing this).

Plus... I found the exact same unit with "upgraded remote"... AND (for me) a 10% off coupon...

I'll post a review.... getting it Saturday (the only negative versus the original controller listing which I could have TODAY).

:)

I'm patient.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Well poop. I figure I might just give the original unit I was thinking about a try. It gets great reviews... but we'll see. It's Amazon so I can always send it back if necessary (I hate doing this).

Plus... I found the exact same unit with "upgraded remote"... AND (for me) a 10% off coupon...

I'll post a review.... getting it Saturday (the only negative versus the original controller listing which I could have TODAY).

I'm patient.
I would be concerned that the light is not "big enough" leaving little space between the left and right signal washing them out form a distance Especially if the red tail light remains illuminated when the turn signals are activated. Not sure from the pictures. I looked at this one. It also does not have a "brake" light I don't think which is required if you want to make a bike legal in some states like here in Florida. That is why I built my "dolphin" tail (as some have nicknamed it) rear assembly including brake light and wide spaced yellow turn signals.

Attachments

• IMG_1630.jpg
    IMG_1630.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 75

I'm patient.
After getting a better look the bottom of this light doesn't look to bad. The simplest way if one remote can control two units would be to flip the one up front upside-down.

THIS is a fantastic idea! If I am forced to create a solution ... this is a VERY tempting avenue... I love the easy-charge aspect as well. Rather than going with a step-down transformer however... I'd just pick up the cheapest 12V power drill w/charger out there... ;)
I like this too. I’ve already set up a light system on my ebike, it’ll work with my m/b too. You can see some of what I did in my post in electric bikes sub forum. I’d like to use a smaller battery, and some type of charger either wheel or engine driven.

I have in my grubby shed some old robot servos, basically PMA alternators. Most are too big but I got two minis 200V 250W 3000rpm that might make 24VAC at 250rpm, a good level to rectify and level for 18V.
I got this. How I can blow TWO jugs with ONE bad g-clip yet wire up two dozen wires with no schematic, fire it up and run, I dunno, mechanics I slip a lot.
Electrics I do in my head and write it down later, literally.

Oh... and Amazon informs me the unit I picked up to test out should be here early... today. Nice.

I should have a report for y'all sometime tomorrow I'd guess.

I figure I'll mount the thing to my handlebars to test...

Oh... and Amazon informs me the unit I picked up to test out should be here early... today. Nice.

I should have a report for y'all sometime tomorrow I'd guess.

I figure I'll mount the thing to my handlebars to test...
I had a different wireless set. I liked them when riding out here in the country. But when I used them in heavy city traffic riding downtown, I hated fumbling with the wireless fob, couldn’t tell if I activated it, and a few times got it locked up from pushing too many buttons. One with sound ‘might’ be better, but I ride where street noise swamps my stereo, a beep-beep don’t help.

Hard L-center-R switch, can’t beat it. Add a hi-beam switch, ability to double-flash and wink at other drivers, you can now communicate and drivers treat you better!

I’ll use them on my m/b till I wire it, but it doesn’t do city traffic so it’d be on hazard flash most of the time anyways.

I wonder what kind of solar panel would be required to maintain the charge on a system like this (using LEDs)...
I'm already using lights and horn setup that have built in solar panels for keeping it charged...Or I can also just plug them in...They already exist...lol.

OK... I installed this unit on to my gooseneck so I could monitor it' behavior while i rode.

First the good:

It's quite loud. The horn options... loud. The alarm... loud. Loud enough to hurt my ears while while it's on the gooseneck with nothing between it and my ears. I suspect it'll be OK with it on back.

It's decently bright. Can you see it in daylight? Yes.

The blinker operation work great.... and you can hear the blinker noise even over the engine... at least while it's on the gooseneck.

The alarm seems QUITE sensitive.... gives a warning beep then goes all out ... LOUD.

There are 5 or 6 modes... pulse...flash... steady...etc. 3 of those 6 modes are "auto" modes... meaning they automatically come on... and then check for brightness of the day... if dim enough... will auto on. If not... will stay "off". The blinkers / horn operation runs separate from this.

Next the bad:

The number one reason I bought this unit was for the brake light operation. Unfortunately... the auto-brake light leaves a lot to be desired.

#1 It's not sensitive enough. No... I'm not kidding... there are 7 sensitivity settings and no matter setting 1 or 7 (or in between)... there were PLENTY of times I braked and nothing lit.

#2 When it does sense stopping... the reaction is delayed. I mean HUGE delayed. Like 1.5 to 2 seconds delayed. Do you know how much you can slow down in the first 1.5 to 2 seconds. Even when I attempted to manipulate it but slowly slowing down to give it time to light... sometimes it wouldn't ever light... killing the whole idea.

Basically... because of the braking light action... this unit is going back likely. I "am" going to do a little more testing. The unit is currently oriented on a slight upward angle (as that is how it would mount on back)... maybe 8 degree ish... maybe that's causing the issue? I'm going to try to get it oriented "flat"... if that's the issue I can easily modify the back mount.... but I suspect not.

It's a great unit aside from this tiny little problem. >sigh<

...and I was worried about it being TOO sensitive...

Back