walmart dual suspension bike

rowenj

Local time
3:45 PM
can the 2 stroke motor fit on this NEXT Avalon Comfort Bike?

0001675132680_500X500.jpg

Last edited:
I have read around, I believe in the section even, that it will fit. Search Next Avalon 49cc

Click here:
http://www.zoombicycles.com/downloads/engine-template.jpg
It will take you zoombicycles.com site to an engine template you can printout. Notice in the mid section of the photo it says something about a dimension needs to be 6" long. You might have to play with the size setting on you printer set up to gt it right. It'll be better to have that dimension a little bigger than to small.
Hope this helps.

..... PC .....

Discount/bargain bikes, the 7 speeds, have smaller chainrings (front sprocket).

It will cost about $12 to switch to a 52 tooth, which I've found best for keeping speeds in the 28 mph range when climbing grades.

I've had 3 (still have one, for engine break-in)...I hope he finds a better bike on Craigslist.

The suspension isn't "all that", foam grips do about the same thing reducing vibration. The ribbing on the grips is irritating after long runs, but gel grips are about $10, very advisable. One of the 3 we switched out for mustache handlebars, that made it better.

Note that the place for the bottle carrier is where the engine goes, and that front suspension knocks out use of standard basket legs.

I don't know what it is about my Avalon that bugs me so much, small chainring, small pedals, lousy customer service rep in New Jersey, (the one time I phoned in a question)....

But, is the pitch of the front wheel / fork more vertical, or is that my imagination??

If he can find a better model/type in the $150 or less range, I'd skip the whole Next line of bikes.

Just my opinion......

I just went out and measured above the bottle carrier area, about where the letter "X" is in Next.

7 inches, and the tube is an oblonged/oval, (an "ovloid"??). Will that cause him a problem?

In my humble opinion...

Of seeing that bike in person a few times at the big W, I am thinking it will take more effort then it is worth to get it in there securely and safely.

Another bike may be the best route to go here!

Back