What is average mileage on disk brake pads ?

DAMIEN1307

Staff member
Local time
11:15 AM
Ok...The thread title says it all...After about 125 miles since installation of Mags and Disk Brakes, it appears i have probably used about 3/4 of the pads.

I do expect to replace disk pads much more often than the rim type brake but need to know what others are averaging and if a more robust, heavy duty, longer life pad is available for these things...lol...DAMIEN

Ok...The thread title says it all...After about 125 miles since installation of Mags and Disk Brakes, it appears i have probably used about 3/4 of the pads.

I do expect to replace disk pads much more often than the rim type brake but need to know what others are averaging and if a more robust, heavy duty, longer life pad is available for these things...lol...DAMIEN
What brakes are you running now?

What pads are you using? Some those little button pads are pretty junky. The ones I have are 1" by 1/2" rectangle.
Mine measure 3/4 by 1 1/4...looks like the only size that fits these calipers...Calipers are "RUJOI" brand...Also have 2 spare calipers and brake pads, "BOLIDS" brand...DAMIEN

Scratch that 1st thought where i thought i used 3/4 pad...Just took it apart for an up close visual inspection and see i havent even used a quarter of the pad as of yet...Point to learn here ???...Never just look at the pads through the caliper and make guest-a-mates, pull them out and really look at them...lol...DAMIEN

Ps...The good thing is that i ordered replacements pads...bad news is Amazon is rationing them and can order only one set right now...talk about shortages of bike parts...lol.

Three types of pads but not sure if Sintered and Simi Metallic is available for your disc brake
Organic, resin - Wear the fastest
Sintered Metal, metallic - Last the longest
Semi Metallic, sintered and organic

Scratch that 1st thought where i thought i used 3/4 pad...Just took it apart for an up close visual inspection and see i havent even used a quarter of the pad as of yet...Point to learn here ???...Never just look at the pads through the caliper and make guest-a-mates, pull them out and really look at them...lol...DAMIEN

Ps...The good thing is that i ordered replacements pads...bad news is Amazon is rationing them and can order only one set right now...talk about shortages of bike parts...lol.
The thinner the pads get the hotter they get. One side might wear faster than the other side
Best to take em out and inspect like ya just did(y)

Three types of pads but not sure if Sintered and Simi Metallic is available for your disc brake
Organic, resin - Wear the fastest
Sintered Metal, metallic - Last the longest
Semi Metallic, sintered and organic
These are the only ones i could find that are exact replacement pads...DAMIEN

Ps, so far they are wearing evenly.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
OK those say their organic. They wear faster But your rotors will last longer.

I don't think ya need Sintered Metal their for racing. Once their broken in they have superior stopping power and work when very hot
The down side is they make the rotors wear faster and squeal a little until broken in

These are the only ones i could find that are exact replacement pads...DAMIEN

Ps, so far they are wearing evenly.

Sintered pads vrs Organic pads on my M/C
I use Sintered pads on my M/C. I like the stopping power and they last the longest, Twice as long as organic.
So when it's time to replace the rotors the cost comes out to about the same as if I was replacing Organic pad twice as much

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back