What type bike to use?

I have that schwinn as well; you'll need to fab some kind of extension for your front mount, around 2" in length. I carved a wood block to shape to use as a model for an aluminum billet which I'll have made at a machine shop.

Thanks Jim for the info sounds like were going to be going down the same road. If you ever get any pic's of the bracket could you let me take a peek?
I was planing on making some type of ridged motor mounts for it after I wear the new off it. Just want a safe daily driver that i can enjoy till the winter tells me no more. Im running out of time fast.

Replicating the "Emblem Single"

Hi Jezusjonz, I've been on the quest to have the antique motorcycle style for about 6 years. If you search out my posts, you'll see my 08 Racer prototype, and I think a production 08, my 09 prototype, and my model 10 prototype.

I have heard rumours that my Model 10 Production run will be showing a bakers dozen of chassis on about the 20th of September. I'm very excited about this, at last a professional motorcycle frame manufacturer will again be building drop-loop veteran Motorcycle chassis. I do not think that has happened in this country since the mid 1920's.

I just finished shaping the headpipe for the OHV exposed pushrod, exposed rocker engine that will power the Model 09 Prototype bike. My machinst calls it the BTR engine. We do have videos of engine #1 running, and doing a hill climb (on asphalt). I've yet to fire mine up (#2), as it is part of this build.

I've designed a period muffler (early Indian style), and a cute lil brass breather pot, I have Sediment bowls, colored Cloth covered primary, and High voltage leads, Pre-war red tires, Worksman has just created a new part number for me so we can (for the first time) have steel rims with the stainless spokes (.120 spokes).

This may be the most exciting time for the Motorbicycle in America since the pre-1960's, since that's when Whizzer stopped full production Motor Bicycles.

Feel free to PM, Email, or call me if I can help you in your quest.

Mike

After reading your post Mike I just had to sit here (with a big dumb smile) and take it all in. From the guys/gals that build the full blown customs to the making the best with what we have everyone gives to everyone in there own way...on here and I think its great. Probably the first one that I have ever come across in my 11 years on the net. But we have a antique auto hill climb here every year that just gets bigger that I hope to get my first one done by and ride to. So thanks for the good words and keep up the great work so I have more to admire...
Terry

Back