What would your dream build consist of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya this is his first build so he is in a big time learning curve. He is asking a lot of good questions. Pretty detail oriented. Think he said he has a automotive background but the MB's are new to him. Have you looked at the paint he's laid on his frame? Indian tribute and really bad assed. Your input here would be good cause he is on the fence a bit about engine choices and modifications.
Yea I was referring to Street Ryderz in my earlier message about having a good price quoted on having the bottom end done, just couldn't find the thread to use as a reference.

Can anyone suggest some replacement forks and handle bar for a reasonable price? Here's a stock pic of the forks and handle bars, unfortunately the bike is at the garage & I'm not getting around to easily at the moment. If anyone knows the size of the forks it'll help me buy em now. Thx

Attachments

• IMG_0933.jpg
    IMG_0933.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0932.jpg
    IMG_0932.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0931.PNG
    IMG_0931.PNG
    747.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0934.jpg
    IMG_0934.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 118
Got a suggestion on the triple tree? I have one but it's orange and is really beat up. It had a triple tree fork stock, but no susp. and no disc taps
I was going to use these fox forks for a Nirve 53 that I also have on the back burner to build build, but I want to get this thing on the road. They are designed for more than I will ever put it through, and handle well with no flex. Just lack in the looks dept.

I tried to contact Ghettobikes 2 times and had they responded I would already have one of their in frame tanks. I guess they must just be real busy and don't need any new work. One of their ads show their tank in the same bike as mine so they already have the template. Kinda leery about sending someone 285.00 who doesn't reply to a req. for info.Guess I'll try one more time. Drawn between polished or black, but leaning toward black with the purple.
There is alot of nice ones, around here the average price is high even for used like $500 and they might be a bit overkill but atleast there is never any worry about failure!These are not top quality but may still work well,
-font-b-ZOOM-b-font-680DH-AMS-26-Disc-Brake-DH-Mountain-font-b-Bike.jpg

$_35.JPG

something like these would be great!Just depends what one is willing to spend I geuss LOL!

Ya this is his first build so he is in a big time learning curve. He is asking a lot of good questions. Pretty detail oriented. Think he said he has a automotive background but the MB's are new to him. Have you looked at the paint he's laid on his frame? Indian tribute and really bad assed. Your input here would be good cause he is on the fence a bit about engine choices and modifications.
Yea I see that paint job is very nice!going to be a cool looking bike!I didn't read all of the thread is he planning on using a jack shaft or single gear?

For mntb forks I would refer you to fury on the inside for advice. Smart guy, knows his stuff.
There is alot of nice ones, around here the average price is high even for used like $500 and they might be a bit overkill but atleast there is never any worry about failure!These are not top quality but may still work well,
-font-b-ZOOM-b-font-680DH-AMS-26-Disc-Brake-DH-Mountain-font-b-Bike.jpg

$_35.JPG

something like these would be great!Just depends what one is willing to spend I geuss LOL!
Guess it would mean a hub change. Think I'll shop around some, maybe take a look on pinkbike to see what's out there. Thanks.

Last edited:
For mntb forks I would refer you to fury on the inside for advice. Smart guy, know

Guess it would mean a hub change. Think I'll shop around some, maybe take a look on pinkbike to see what's out there. Thanks.
Agreed Fury knows that stuff well!

Can anyone suggest some replacement forks and handle bar for a reasonable price? Here's a stock pic of the forks and handle bars, unfortunately the bike is at the garage & I'm not getting around to easily at the moment. If anyone knows the size of the forks it'll help me buy em now. Thx
Isn't that just a standerd 1" steering tube and old school quill?the bar is also an everyday regular bar not tapered or anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back