Where'd it go?

Then you haven't been in New Hampshire in February in a nor'easter with the snow whipping you sideways at 20* below zero F...Thats NOT including the wind chill...lol.
I have, several times. Maine, Vermont, and my Father and step mother are from NH.

New England can't hold a candle to the Northern Plains in the middle of winter when it comes to air temps and wind chills. Regular sub zero temps are common, and wind chill factors regularly got below zero thanks to all of that arctic air that rolls down unopposed from Canada.

I've personally experienced -38 air temps here and -60 wind chills. Went to Sioux Falls once (2 hours North of me) and got to enjoy -43 degree air temps. Not wind chill. Air temp.

I'm talking about riding a motorcycle at highway speeds. Not going for a brisk walk in the morning.

At 60mph, 40 degree air has a wind chill factor, or feels like temp, of 25. At 30mph? 28.

At 20 degrees, going 35mph? 0.

Also, no offense, but New England winters aren't actually that cold. Snowy as hell, sure, cold? Laughs at you in Northerm Great Plains.
Hard to beat those prairie winds at -40. Yuck! The novelty wore off quick.

Back