Who likes to break the rules?

First let me say The only reason I got the helment from a pawn shop was because they had several of them all new still in the box.
Below is facts about helmets if you would like to read entire article go to . http://www.iihs.org/research/qanda/helmet_use.aspx

I have fact on my side it's simple helmets save lives

When California's helmet use law covering all riders took effect on January 1, 1992 helmet use jumped to 99 percent from about 50 percent before the law, 14 and the number of motorcyclist fatalities decreased 37 percent. 15

Nebraska reinstated a helmet law on January 1, 1989, after repealing an earlier law in 1977.
The state then saw a 22 percent reduction in serious head injuries among motorcyclists. 16

From 1968 to 1977, Texas had a universal helmet use law estimated to have saved 650 lives, but the law was amended in 1977 to apply only to riders younger than 18. The weakened law coincided with a 35 percent increase in motorcyclist fatalities.
Texas reinstated its helmet law for all motorcyclists in September 1989. The month before the law took effect, the helmet use rate was 41 percent.
The rate jumped to 90 percent during the first month of the law and rose to 98 percent by June 1990. 17 Serious injury crashes per registered motorcycle decreased 11 percent. 18
But in September 1997, Texas again weakened its helmet law, requiring helmets only for riders younger than 21.
Helmet use in Texas dropped to 66 percent by May 1998, and operator fatalities increased 31 percent in the first full year following the repeal. 19

Kentucky repealed its universal helmet law in 1998, followed by Louisiana in 1999. These actions resulted in lower helmet use, and quickly increased motorcyclist deaths in these states by 50 percent and 100 percent, respectively

Yep, I've read those too, problem,... they don't take into account the number of people who stop biking/riding because the law was in place, so if there's less on the road of course there are going to be less fatalities,... no?

Side note, have you ever seen "the Great Escape"?There is a scene in there where an american solider is talking to a german guard, the guard says "why do you fight for england, your enemy?" the reply "that's propaganda" german " they burned down your capital in 1932" reply "pure propaganda" german replies "I READ IT", be careful what you consider facts, ink on paper means nothing.

Let's just agree to disagree. I don't want ANYBODY hurt on their bikes (it hurts!) wear that helmet and be safe.

Last edited:
Breaking the rules just means you are a kid at heart. Being a responsible adult I've come up with an idea. I'mo glue a prop from an RC helicopter on top of my helmet. When I'm tucked in behind the bars it should help propel me forward. When riding straight up in the saddle it should give the cumbersome helmet some lift. How sporty would that look?
:geek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I see and "Inspector Gadget" moment coming, you might as well hook up a ballistic parachute too.

Super fun my friend.In all seriousness this bike is saving my bacon, I have a rich life but am so monetarily poor it's silly, supplies are 20 miles away so 40 miler just to get food.Blythe, the last decent DMV in the state of Cali, we used to drive from Berdoo just so we wouldn't have to deal with the waterman DMV.

Back