Year of manufacture

What up Ray, some help

@mason_man How do ya read the date on the Vin# What spot is the year?
How do ya read the date on the MFD, Month/Year or Year/Month ?

Yellow Polar - MFD 0800
Yellow Polar - Vin# RHAWMC183YP00758
How would you match that MFD to the Vin#

Red Polar - MFD none
Red Polar - Vin# RHAWMC184YP006873
What spot is the year

Here is another one that sold at auction:

Manufactured by Polar Motor Company Limited. Manufactured 10-1998. GBWR 100LBS VIN# RHAWMC186XP000555. This fine Whizzer Motor Bike has 185miles on odometer and remains in about new condition. ITEM MUST BE PICKED UP BY WINNING BIDDER OR AGENT FOR WINNING BIDDER. WE WILL NOT SHIP THIS ITEM. THANK YOU.

On that red badge I'd bet the 4Y is a code for manufacture date, it's isolated in the sequence. Some Co's use a letter for a date/year code.

Pretty sure Polar sold bikes in 1998 - 2004

Yeah it looks like it's 2000 Aug or it's 1998 with no month

But now we come to the Vin# How would you match the year to the Vin# RHAWMC183YP00758

IMO the year would come before the letters YP But then again the last # in the Vin could stand for 1998

Maybe 758 = 75th day of 1998 or maybe YP00 = Year Produced 2000 or maybe 83YP = 1998 model 3rd Year produced
or maybe 83YD = August 2003 year produced or maybe 83YP = 1998 March year produced

Yeah there could be a few possibilities :ROFLMAO:

But I have also have seen Vin# with a XP a YP or just a P

Maybe Ray will have an answer to the Vin# date code

Here's my 2005 NE-5 Whizzer Vin# RF4WMC1515P009404
8th or 10th spot is a 5, I think the year is the 10th spot

So if ya go by the # before the letter P that would be the year?
If they were doing it by lets say, year month and date in the OP's VIN.
The 1 could stand for the year so in this case if true, would be 2001, the 8 could stand for the eighth month which would be August, and the 3 could stand for either the third day of August or the third week...just a possibility...Since they are not real Whizzers, this might be a plausable reading of the VIN in this particular case with Polar over in Taiwan.

Or it could be 1 being first day or first week, 8 being August, and 3 meaning 2003...Another plausable scenario.

During my cop days we used to have to figure out the information in VINs on cars, trucks, and motorcycles, many often times looking for forged numbers converted by some folks when auto theft was suspected, so this is only a wild guess as to how Polar sequenced their information in the VINs.

So If I am anywhere near to guessing that VIN, it is either 2001 or 2003...I am leaning to the 2001 date myself right now.

The 1 could stand for the year so in this case if true, would be 2001, the 8 could stand for the eighth month which would be August, and the 3 could stand for either the third day of August or the third week...just a possibility...Since they are not real Whizzers, this might be a plausable reading of the VIN in this particular case with Polar over in Taiwan.

Or it could be 1 being first day or first week, 8 being August, and 3 meaning 2003...Another plausable scenario.

During my cop days we used to have to figure out the information in VINs on cars, trucks, and motorcycles, many often times looking for forged numbers converted by some folks when auto theft was suspected, so this is only a wild guess as to how Polar sequenced their information in the VINs.

So If I am anywhere near to guessing that VIN, it is either 2001 or 2003...I am leaning to the 2001 date myself right now.
Oops I deleted my post but ya got it :LOL:

The letters & #s on the Vin RHAWMC18 are printed after that they are stamped 3Y "P" 00758 , The P is also printed

WMC1 is Whizzer Motor Company 1st model
8= 1998 was the first year produced
3YP = 2003 Year Production

Maybe :ROFLMAO:

My Whizzer 2005 NE-5 Vin# RF4WMC1515P009404
RF4WMC15 is printed 15 is stamped and "P" is printed
WMC15= Whizzer Motor Company 1st model 2005
15P= 1st model, 2005 Production

Maybe :ROFLMAO:

I have no Idea what RF4 stands for, but the # 009404 matches the engine serial#
It would of matched but Taiwan stopped putting serial# on the engine
Taiwan also put engine on with serial# that didn't match the frame serial#
But the frame serial# and the Certificate of Origin Vin# always matched

Back