Yoyoyo.... back in da game! Need suggestions for carb setup

If you search Throttle cables you'll see that the carb side of the cable come in different lengths to fit different carbs
I got the carb end to fit... I decided to do that first, but now the damn exposed wire on the other end (throttle tube) is too short. And why is it difficult to understand? You know the black housing that surrounds the metal wire inside? It doesn't expose the wire enough to wear you can make it work. You pull the wire, the black housing will stop it from going any further.

He probably has the cable already attached to the handlebar lever and its not giving him enough "give" or slack to install the cable on the carby slide barrel...DAMIEN
Yes. But I got smart and decided to take the cable off on the throttle tube side and attached the other end to my carburetor.... which was a success. BUT, now the throttle cable end is too short! I feel like a dog chasing it's tail.

Then it appears your dealing with a cable that is too short to reach your current new carby setup...Time to dig out the tape measure and find out how long you actually need and go to your local bicycle shop, or motorcycle repair and have them make you one complete with housing and barrel ends that will fit what your doing.

Remember when i once said that these bikes and kits rarely go together as "plug and play"???...Especially when you start getting away from stock stuff like carby's etc...Welcome to our world...lol.

Every adaptation you make will have it's own unique set of challenges...DAMIEN

Then it appears your dealing with a cable that is too short to reach your current new carby setup...Time to dig out the tape measure and find out how long you actually need and go to your local bicycle shop, or motorcycle repair and have them make you one complete with housing and barrel ends that will fit what your doing.

Remember when i once said that these bikes and kits rarely go together as "plug and play"???...Especially when you start getting away from stock stuff like carby's etc...Welcome to our world...lol.

Every adaptation you make will have it's own unique set of challenges...DAMIEN
Sure, but there are many many many folks who uses oversized carburetors and made it work somehow. I'm thinking it's something simple. If I can cut the black plastic/metal housing shorter, I would...... but it seems you can't because both ends have balls on them so you can't simply take out the wire and then cut the housing to appropriate length. I just need someone who dealt with this before and how they made it work.

You just did meet someone who has dealt with it before...lol...I once wound up with a too short cable and thats how i dealt with it...Simple and easy...DAMIEN
Sure, but I think there is a more simple way without having to go to a bicycle store or whatever and asked for a custom cable. BTW, they actually made the ends too? Wondering if that's a simple job as far as just welding it on.

Back