99% done... 196cc push trailer!

that's the part of this attractive MB trailer build
that I had thought to be looking possibly under sized (weak maybe)
didn't think that safty would be a big issue
most builders know what to watch regarding stress points

add another pipe or two for strength
maybe just one heavy duty pipe -- got to like that simple one pipe look

as you ride that thing

I plan on bolting up one or two more pipes to it that run alongside the one I have.

I can feel it flex... when the trailer bounces over a bump in the road... I try to avoid any bumps and I am easy on the throttle so I don't accelerate too quickly (which would stress the pipe more).

Got more pics of the completed trailer?

How is the wear on the Tractor Supply flat-free tire?

Got more pics of the completed trailer?

How is the wear on the Tractor Supply flat-free tire?

I will take some more pictures tonight.

The tire seems to be doing well. I have only ridden about 10 miles total so I think it is too soon to tell. The gorilla glue seemed to do the trick and keep it from spinning.

One thing I have to fix is the mount to the seatpost. There are two plastic sleeves inside the metal sleeve and after enough riding the metal sleeve works its way out of the plastic sleeves and slides up. I think I can find some collars are tractor supply to keep this from happening.

I enjoyed following your build and you have inspired me to begin a pusher project of similar style. One idea I had for the mount is to make a U-joint. I will use some 1/2" black pipe, 2 pieces about 2" long, and weld them together like a cross. Then, I can run bolts through each piece of pipe, with C brackets on each end. This should allow articulation in two directions. The C-brackets can be welded on a piece of strapping bolted like a "U" around the rear wheel at the axle, and to a short piece of steel leading to the pusher motor frame. This should be plenty strong without putting undue stress on the seatpost. It should be easy to fill the u-joint with enough grease to last a lifetime.

There are low cost universal joints available from McMaster-Carr.
For $11.00 to $14.00 you can get a nice, no slop, universal.
Put in " Low-Speed Pin-and-Block U-Joints " in the search block at this link
http://www.mcmaster.com/
By the way if you can get a hold of one of their catalogs they have everything you could ever need for building anything you can think of.

Nice site, If you were able to slide a "ball joint end rod " over your seat post it seems like a perfect solution.

Attachments

• RodEndTypeBallJointRodEnds.gif
    RodEndTypeBallJointRodEnds.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 339
Hey Mac, where did you get the 20% Coupon from? Im picking up an engine this week and I have a raincheck for the sale price on the engine + a $35 gift certificate. A coupon would be a great addition in price drop.

Back