2 stroke questions

In regards of them green base gaskets, I found that exact material in bulk, I've used it before in high pressure applications, look up, Sterling seal & supply #7001-nsf-61 that's good stuff,
Fluff Yeah!!! Thanks for that. I was looking again last night and can only find it in full gasket sets. I'll have to let the gasket guy know about this too. Any one know how to hyper link mark20 to this thread? Im not the most computer savvy. I do manual machining, and cnc has nothing to do with hyper links. Lol. Ironically, the gasket set I bought with my case halves and bearing, comes with a green base gasket.

No problem, lol I'm good for something!!! Nice thing about that green gasket material is it should have minimal compression, meaning it wont keep compressing & changing cylinder height & affecting squish.

What port timing #'s does the average out of the box CG engine have? As far as intake, exhaust, & transfer port timing? What is good/stock port timing & what should a guy want for good timing? Something like 170° exhaust port & 120° transfer port timing is that ok

They've been all over the place for me. Seems to depend a lot on the gasket material used and what factory made it, and what style jug the engine was made for. I've had some that were sweet right out of the box, just a light cleaning of slag, and some that were like rocks till you opened them up. I have the numbers for CDH somewhere, well the jugs I get from them. I'd have to find my note book. I usually just raise the base up an extra 1- 1.5 mm with a gasket, and deck the top. They run real hard that way, CDH engines. Been a while since I seen the numbers, just been sticking with what worked really well to make torque.

Well if you find CDH numbers, post them for me if all possible. I'm running the cdh as well, & I raised my cylinder 1.5mm & then decked top of cylinder. Just made port timing look soo much better.

Aw you're good in my book. Maybe little widening, but I'd call it good right there. lol. That's right where I get my best torque, makes 'em hill climbers. Go to far and it starts to go down hill. Only took me one bad jug ( an man it was made real nice, perfect chrome, and thick, no flaws) an I learned to slow the bleep down. I still have the jug. It hangs in the shop on my bench to remind me not to be a dummy.

Well that's why I'm not getting in a hurry, I've been reading here & there on tuning, learning from you guys. I may of messed up a cylinder too, cause I didn't know about port timing & using degree wheel when I raised my cylinder. It just looked right! If I did mess up a cylinder it's a well learned lesson & I'll know dont do that again.

Yeah that's all I did other than cleaning casting flaws/flanges off.

Back