Local time
3:45 AM
IMG_8686.jpeg
IMG_8687.jpeg
IMG_8690.jpeg
IMG_8695.jpeg
IMG_8699.jpeg
IMG_8700.jpeg
So as usual I got the newest engine. Originally I was only gonna swap the magnet to my grubee magnet since it came with a good magneto but things happened and it’s in pieces. The good is it has a good jug. The bad was the clutch pads and the flathead bolt along with the thin crank. Stay tuned cause it’s getting a 46mm stroker crank, more porting and reeds. Along with a Smoilk head.

Looks like another YD bottom end based saw adaptation. Also assembled with the typical care most of these engines tend to be lol. The seals were installed dry and some of the rubber was shaved in the process (magneto side crank seal in the picture.)

I do like the improved balance crank this comes with as well as the bespoke rod.

Casting quality looks pretty typical, but not terrible either.

Looking forward to the progress.

Looks like another YD bottom end based saw adaptation. Also assembled with the typical care most of these engines tend to be lol. The seals were installed dry and some of the rubber was shaved in the process (magneto side crank seal in the picture.)

I do like the improved balance crank this comes with as well as the bespoke rod.

Casting quality looks pretty typical, but not terrible either.

Looking forward to the progress.
It was actually quite well put together. Everything oiled. Good big rod bearing. Single ring piston. Big ports and good ports.

Been busy. Decided that why stick with a stock case. I’ve swapped to a Ken Cnc case. Takes a am6 reed and is case reed. Slapped in some dominant saw 6202 ceramic bearings, a wiesco rm65 wrist pin bearing, a hyway piston with a caber ring and a titanium wrist pin. And yes I know it’s gonna blow up in less than 50 miles.
Pipe is a Ktm85 fmf fatty. Carb is a stage6 r/t 24mm. Fuel is 100 octane mixed with 3 oz blendzall gold, 12 oz of klotz nitro and a glug of ippon strawberry scented oil.
IMG_1723.jpeg
IMG_0927.jpeg
IMG_9568.jpeg

Got some engineers drawings or is it all cnc? I got access to the community college's machine shop while a student. They have a pretty stout machining program 3 axis mills, a couple 5 axis mills. Cnc lathes. Must be 10 or so full sized southbend lathes and 15 bridge ports. Not to mention 3 or 4 surface grinders. Even had bar stock feeders for the cnc lathes but some dope sold it off for a couple hundred. A clapped out machine would have easily cost 15 grand.

Back