Amsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.

graggy

Local time
1:16 PM
Is anyone using amsoil in their motorized bikes after break in and if so which one?

Is anyone using amsoil in their motorized bikes after break in and if so which one?
I have been using Amsoil for the last ten years after breakin on all of my 2 stroke motors...This is the one I am using.

I have been using Amsoil for the last ten years after breakin on all of my 2 stroke motors...This is the one I am using.

Can you get it locally or do you have to order it?

IDK if I would bother with spendy oil for a CG 2 stroke. I've yet to buy a 2nd quart of oil.

I do know I have been inside engines that were running conventional and synthetic.

After MONTHS of sitting, the upper engine still had a nice coating of synth oil, where the conventional stuff had drained away and didn't seem to be near as well lubricated.

Since then I swear by full synthetic for all my cars and bikes. I use Shell Rotella T6 for bikes, it has MC certifications for wet clutch and I've never had a clutch slipping problem unless the clutch was toast to begin with. It 's also quite affordable compared to other synthetics. Plus a clutch rebuild on a MC isn't a very hard job on most bikes.

Can you get it locally or do you have to order it?
You can only get it from an Amsoil dealer, usually it's a neighbour in your town or city that works it right out of his house, or get it online...Amsoil is not sold in brick and mortar stores.

I get mine from a member of my church, I visit his house and pick it up when I need it or he just brings it to church with him on Sunday to hand it over to me...lol...lol.

You can only get it from an Amsoil dealer, usually it's a neighbour in your town or city that works it right out of his house, or get it online...Amsoil is not sold in brick and mortar stores.

I get mine from a member of my church, I visit his house and pick it up when I need it or he just brings it to church with him on Sunday to hand it over to me...lol...lol.
My Local ACE hardware stocks as does a local NAPA parts store near me.

Then those independent ACE and NAPA store owners elected to also be Amsoil dealers as well then, My independent ACE and NAPA stores do not carry them, I just called them on the phone...I was told that since these stores buy into using the names of ACE and NAPA, (they are not company owned but all independent distributors), they are free to carry other products that are not provided by their distributors as well.

That means that only those owners who elect to be "dealers" of other products like Amsoil actually carry it, this does not mean that all of these other independent owner/operators will even carry Amsoil products.

Only use the best!
il_fullxfull.1911962124_211c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back