report back. My mom said I was best to, and sent me
to college to become a chemist, and then to a company
where I became an oil chemist, specializing in extreme
pressure additives for oils and greases. And like my mom,
the company liked me and gave me a whole laboratory
to develop lubricants by myself. And there, I earned
many patents. Mom's love paid off.

Moderators Note:
You have been warned Many times about "FUD" on this issue, The next post from you on this had better be nothing but a verifiable, provable, unbiased, independent lab report PROVING there is such a thing as a "best" oil, or most of these posts on this particular subject between you and I will be deleted on this peeing contest that you feel you must continue with snide remarks like this trying to somehow convince everyone your an expert on this subject.

Proof or deletions along with locking this thread is the ONLY choice because this WILL be put to an end.

If your a "chemist" you already know about scientific reports being necessary, NOT personal opinion or conjecture on your part, just cold, hard scientific Proof NOT something solely based on some PDF company document advertisement with their own in-house results that refuse to name the "expert" or lab involved in their conclusions.

Also, any patents you "earned" are not owned by you or in your name but the company that you may or may not have earned them for as their employee...Same as Valvoline or any other oil company for that matter.

Jeez D, Mike thinks it's the best scientifically then that's his opinion. Let the reader decide. My scientific opinion.

Jeez D, Mike thinks it's the best scientifically then that's his opinion. Let the reader decide. My scientific opinion.
If Mike had ever said it was his "personal" opinion ONLY, I would have let it slide like all the others...It is when "personal opinion" becomes "scientific" fact backed up only by some vague lab results with some vague "scientific expert" also with no name or lab in particular mentioned and one tries to pass it off as this must be a fact because they say so is when I have no intention of letting up on this just because Redline has its own in-house lab reports that is placed in a PDF advertisement for their product trying to make it appear with vague wording I previously cited in a prior posting that this is some sort of scientific factoid.

Prove it with facts, not personal opinion or conjecture.

While they're cat fighting over the best oil GW, let's go ride our bikes.
There is no such thing as a "BEST" oil...They all know how to make oil...They just all have different additive packages to achieve a certain result they want in their oil is all it is..."One size does NOT fit all" as they say

the company liked me and gave me a whole laboratory
to develop lubricants by myself.
Thats funny, when I worked at Valvoline, (Ashland Oil) for over 20 years, their in-house lab never had just one "chemist" with a lab all by himself...It is always a collaborative effort...I know because I toured it and asked many questions, many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back