An idea most of you will reject... (maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've got this idea...

Two smaller engines.

Now hear me out, while you can have one, 66 or 80cc engine in your bike, frame mounted, this costs a lot. My idea is to use two 35 or 40cc engines. These are cheaper, and much more available (I'm talking lawn and forestry equipment)... Ehh? What's your thoughts? A frame mount chainsaw, and a second one mounted on a rack... Or, a frame mount engine that's meant for bikes, and a rack mount chainsaw... Or something, you get my idea. Using two small engines to make just as much if not more power than one large engine could make

After mounting the engines, the hardest part is gearing the engines to perform to their fullest potential, not at 50%.
Try to find engines with built-in gear reduction. It'll be easier to gear to max potential.
If not, using friction drive will do the job, if using 1.50" or smaller rollers.

I've seen quite a few twin engine RC vehicles...what would be nice is someone fabricating a crank and two cases together to connect two motors for an inline twin.

doublewhiz2.jpg

I've wanted to do a twin engine frame mount for a while. I'm thinking use a pair of china girls with stihl ms660 top ends, connected via jackshaft through what would be where the stock clutch goes, and stick a centrifugal clutch or a torque-a-verter on the end.

Butre is that a real picture or some masterful photo shop, reminds me of early motorcycle development, ever hear of an Arial square four? But my main interest is in the idea of a hybrid frame mounted gas shifter and a hub electric with regen braking for charging on the go.

Last edited:
Butre is that a real picture or some masterful photo shop, reminds me of early motorcycle development, ever hear of an Arial square four? But my main interest is in the idea of a hybrid frame mounted gas shifter and a hub electric with regen braking for charging on the go.

Oh, that's no Photoshop....

The way I was thinking about it, is have two times run to the same drivetrain, but there's a freewheel at each motor, so there is no synchro necessary...

And there's no beating the sound of two engines....

That looks WILD!!! My apologies to Murkle for kinda hijacking his thread.

Last edited:
doublewhiz2.jpg

I've wanted to do a twin engine frame mount for a while. I'm thinking use a pair of china girls with stihl ms660 top ends, connected via jackshaft through what would be where the stock clutch goes, and stick a centrifugal clutch or a torque-a-verter on the end.

Looks like twin Whizzer engines.

over 320cc.

Wow!

I wish I was that good at photoshop, and I also wish it was my bike. I got the image from this news article: https://thekneeslider.com/doublewhiz-twin-engine-whizzer-motorized-bicycle/

here's a video of someone doing something cool with 2 china girls

the mufflers falling off is the best part

Wow, is that purchasable somewhere, or are those welded together in a custom case?
one off custom build. I think they intended to sell it but never worked out the kinks or the cost to manufacture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back