An idea most of you will reject... (maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ought to pick me up some o' them little China engines use off eBay, maybe find some cheap... I'm trying to find a time to learn to weld some... I just need to buy a welder and learn...

while you can have one, 66 or 80cc engine in your bike, frame mounted, this costs a lot.

A regular Chinagirl engine really is not that expensive. Only like $100 or so. You would probably spend more on miscellaneous hardware for custom fitting two engines than what it costs for a Chinagirl. I am not opposed to two engines, just don't think its the cheaper alternative.

A regular Chinagirl engine really is not that expensive. Only like $100 or so. You would probably spend more on miscellaneous hardware for custom fitting two engines than what it costs for a Chinagirl. I am not opposed to two engines, just don't think its the cheaper alternative.
Right! I know, I was just talking about how it would be cool to make a V-Twin chinagirl engine for a minute...

Get more out of a ktm 65 than any of the s**t your momoin about, and cost a hell of a lot less. Maybe I'm being to reasonable over a drink or two:rolleyes: If you want more power it's out there at much less cost, and far better design.

Get more out of a ktm 65 than any of the sh*t your momoin about, and cost a hell of a lot less. Maybe I'm being to reasonable over a drink or two:rolleyes: If you want more power it's out there at much less cost, and far better design.
OOH! KTM 65... those are so cool... I wish i had one when i was younger..:(. But it's not the slashed together lawn parts bicycle I'm talking about... :p hehe

I'm sure you'll do fine. Buy that welder and please keep us posted on the progress. Some pics. along the way?

I'm sure you'll do fine. Buy that welder and please keep us posted on the progress. Some pics. along the way?
Haha I definitely will! When I do, that is. :) It'll we a while yet.

"You would probably spend more on miscellaneous hardware for custom fitting two engines than what it costs for a Chinagirl."

Now THAT'S an understatement!

I am not opposed to two engines, just don't think its the cheaper alternative.[/QUOTE]

That's another understatement.

You're stating the obvious.
Of course, it may cost thousands of dollars to basically
fabricate or vastly modify the aluminum crankcase and crankshaft from scratch.

The easiest way to make twin engines is to
mount two independent ones, horizontally, in tandem or in a
"V" position next to each other.

The hardest way to make a true V-twin is to fabricate
the crankcase and reciprocating components.

The easiest way to OWN a true V-twin is to
buy it from the inventor.

Even though the creator's plans fail,
he still might want to sell his prototypes.

Practical?? - nahh. Necessary?? - -nahh Do I like it - you bet! The sound is killer! Am I likely to do one? Nahh. But I still like it.
I agree, this would be a money wasting Gee Wizz build, and direct drive at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back