Another Schwinn Chopper build

So far I've picked up a BMI peanut tank, Kalloy seat-post and a saddle and added a left-hand freewheel to the rear wheel and made use of the OEM 44t chainring. A full-coverage OEM rear-fender is in the mail as is a Hayes V9 9" brake rotor for the front.

The rotor is gonna be a bit tricky since the front fork on these things comes down where the rotor needs to be. I'm not gonna be able to simply build a disc-brake wheel to suit my needs like I did with my cruiser, I'm going to have to modify the OEM hub to accommodate a rotor while maintaining clearance with the fork.

chopper01.JPG

Wow how weird. I actually just bought another motor for this and plan to finish the build, life just kind of got in the way. I ended up moving across the country but this definitely came with me, I really want to finish this and ride it. It's all in pieces right now and I need to buy new bars and hand controls too since I used them for a suzuki I built (but sold for the move). I'll try to get to it soon, I have a couple other projects I'm working on right now that take a bit of precedence.

Back