Anyone ever lose a pedal?

I bought an old motorized Wallyworld Huffy cruiser that had both peddles that kept falling off. The genius stripped the threads in the crank arm then epoxied the peddles back on when he sold me the bike. The bike was pedal start only so every now and then as you start it, the pedals would come off. I removed the crank and took it to the LBS for repair but they couldn't salvage it. Had to buy a whole new crank. So yeah, loctite the peddles if you have a cheap Wallyworld bike.

Ive had pedals and entire cranks come off while riding, is was the vibration. You should hoark those pedals and crank nuts down before riding, and locktite them

Ive never had a pedal fall off myself, but a few weeks ago a friend had whole left side crank arm fall off at about 45kmph!!
3 of us walking back and forth in the area for 45 mins in just above ankle high grass and we still couldnt find it!!! It must have travelled further into the paddock (roadside) then what we thought it would??

Yep, I recently had that little plastic cap save my pedal too, stopped the arm being lost in traffic, so keep those as well. Doesn't take long to go from a wobble to falling off.

Back