BIKEMOTORPARTS.COM...Anyone Using?

Hey guys:

I want to order one of these drives very soon. My only problem is, the engines they list on their site are all, evidently, out of stock. OK, let me rephrase that, the ones I am interested in are out of stock no matter where I look.

I want at least a 2 hp motor on this set-up. does anyone know if the Honda 50cc GX50 will fit these? I have read that you can buy an adapter ring, which is fine but, will it work?

I am new here but have been lurking for some time now. I have read and learned much from all of you here.

What I want to do, on as little money as possible, is to set-up a Cranbrook Cruiser ($about $90.00) with one of these drives...but what I don't want is to be unhappy with the power level available. This kit has good reviews and is economically priced but, as I see it, limited on the engines it will accept. I looked at the Robin, the Honda, the Mitsu, and the harbor Freight options but I just want something that will bolt in....mostly, and will have some power.

I really appreciate this site and I thank you all for your input in advance.

Bill

Hey Bill,

How did your install go?

Just wanted you and anyone else interested that the number of engines that will fit is a VERY large amount. Standard 76mm clutched engines bolt onto the engine housing. With the proper adaptors engines with 54mm clutches fit, as well as the larger Honda X50.

Staton is working on mounting the larger Honda 120 engines to their chain drive. If their conversion bolts onto their friction drive, it will also fit onto the BMP kit.

All I am missing is the BMP kit which I just ordered today. Everything else is ready to go. I even have the loctite.

I mounted my fuel tank on the seat tube support. (vertical plastic tank) Put 2 new fuel lines on it and also installed a new fuel filter in the tank.

I will post photos when completed. I had to wait a while to get the $$ for this. I am really looking forward to getting going.

Thanks,

Bill Actually, I started an album here: http://motoredbikes.com/album.php?albumid=746

Last edited:
I got the engine from Monsterscooter. It is the 49-53 cc engine. Porkchop and I believe, after exchanging photos, that it is essentially the same as the HF motor. Should be about 2.2 HP stock. (Or thereabouts)

I ordered the 1.25" one-way drive roller and am also getting the 1" solid roller too. I weigh about 175-180 right now so hopefully, that should be fine.

I will keep you posted.

Bill

Good fuel tank location.

If the fuel grommet eventually starts leaking, you can patch that big hole and relocate the inlet/return holes next to the gas cap.

With that engine and roller, you should hit at least 27mph.

Thanks. Actually, the guy at the mower shop where I got the used tank from explained to me that only some tanks use grommets, most of them, like mine just have the correct sized hole drilled into it that you force the fuel line through. It was a little tough to replace the fuel filter but, I used his suggestions and it worked just fine. He said (I hope he is right) that these will not leak.

I already have thoughts of later getting a teardrop larger tank like you have and run an additional line from that to the top area of my smaller tank. When near empty on the main tank, I just open the petcock on the secondary tank and take the cap off of the primary tank and fill it up. Then close the petcock. I believe this should work as the secondary tank would be much higher than the smaller primary.

I was hopping for more like 30-35 mph out of it but, I won't try to see where the top end is until fully broken in. They also sell performance pipes, reasonably cheap, at Monster scooter for these engines so I could add one of those and alter the induction system too for a little boost.

All that will come later. I just want to get out there and speed is not really my goal anyway.

I was reading a site where guys are getting about 8-10 HP from their modified Honda 50 cc engines, and these are 4 strokes. I do not plan on getting into any of that major modification stuff though. I will be happy at 30 no doubt and, hopefully, having something dependable.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill, It's about time. When you get it built, let's see where you spend most of your time. Riding your bike or being here on the web ! Hee ! Hee !
Hey listen ! You're about 50 pounds lighter than me. My bike will run about 27 mph on the flats with the 1.25" roller. Pulls hills pretty good as well. My bicycle computer stores info and says my max speed so far is 34. I know when and where that happened. Down a hill. I have to say it was a little scarey. I feel safe up to about 25, but still would not want to hit the ground. As I've said many times before, I don't like tripping and hitting the ground at walking speed. These guys that are running consistantly in the mid 30's and faster obviously have bikes that are way different than mine. My bike starts getting squirelly at the 30 mph mark.
When you get your bike build completed, take it easy and be very cautious until you make sure all the new motor stuff is bolted on proper and finely tuned. It's a whole new experience than just a peddle bike. It took a few hours and miles to get used to mine. Find your, and your bike's limitations. Don't care how dorky you look, wear protective gear !
I'm anxious to find out what you think about your build !

..... PC .....

Porkchop:

Yes, it is about time. I may regret this financially at the end of the month but, what can you do. I just want to get going man, ha ha.

I agree with everything you posted. Considering where my bike is from, 25 mph will probably scare the **** out of me. Protection? You bet! I am going to wear a motorcycle helmet and long pants always and I don't care how stupid some may think I look. (not the folks on here, the folks out in the world)

I am so ready man, this will be fun.

Thanks for your advice.

Bill

Good, so you have holes just big enough for fuel lines. I also drilled holes near the gas cap. I thought they were JUST enough for my lines. For assurance I used thread sealant at the holes.

My 4-liter tank works like a charm, just how you described your plan. It fills my 1.5 liter goped tank in minutes. Since your smaller main tank is much lower than mine, it'll fill yours in seconds.

The only malfunction on my 75-mile ride with Hawaii Ed was human error. The g-tank was running low, so I turned on the reserve tank's petcock. A mile down the road Ed pulls me over, saying there was a huge cloud of gas mixture following me. I had forgotten to shut the petcock and the fuel was spitting out of the gas cap vent and vaporizing. As soon as I shut the valve, everything went to normal.:whistle:

You might want to install a drainplug. It comes in handy when calculating gas mileage or moving the bike to a "clean" area.

A 1.375" or 1.5" roller will permit you to reach 30mph more easily.

So which site are they maximizing Honda 50's?

Wow! Good thing your gas trail did not get ignited. Hey, I can see me doing something just like that. (I have done worse)

Good to hear the tank "refill" method works well for you. The drain plug is a great idea. Be good for the winter. I'll bet you don't miss winter at all do you.

Youtube is where I saw several videos relating to modified Honda 50's. One guy had his on a dyno and was turning like 14,000 rpms. Just do a search and you should see some. I was just surfing around there looking at all the motorized bike videos and several of these came up in the "related videos" section on the right. Then one led to more....etc. That's a lot of power from a 50 cc engine. I'll bet they don't last very long at that high output.

Thank you, I appreciate the tips. ***EDIT*** Here is a vid to get you started: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdRdT_Jjfbw&feature=related

(High rpm Honda 50)

Bill

Last edited:
Back