Brand New Motorized Bicycle won't start

So I have noticed that my head cover where the spark plug goes is cracked and I've requested a replacement from the Ebay seller still awaiting his response

Question...I changed out lower gasket on my 66cc China girl and now it wont start. Ive checked spark plug...so im getting fire. I cant see anyway I could have flooded it simply by changing out a gasket. But it sure as hell acts like flooded. Any other possibility? Thanks

depends on what you did

if by lower, you mean base gasket, then you may have it on wrong & blocking transfer ports or you may have broken a ring

never heard of that gasket needing changing before unless something else was wrong, so why the change?

Had oil gas leaking and after inspection, turned out to be a broken lower base gasket. Used a cardboard cut out for another. Then real yhin coat of red rtv gasket maker.

Figures...I listened to some idiot tell me its ok to use cereal box cardboard.

It sounds like you're not getting enough fuel.

Check the needle jet and float valve to make sure they're set properly. Also, check the screen on the fuel tank petcock, it could be clogged. Or just crap. A good way to see that you're getting good flow from the tank is to get a simple in-line fuel filter. Drain the fuel line out, install the filter, and cut the petcock on and see how long it takes the fuel to get to the filter. Cheap and easy, and also good for your engine.

How do we check the needle jet and float?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back