one of the questions asked is
does the motorized bicycle have an auto tranny
the answer must be yes
in order to be a fully legal motorized bicycle
not telling anyone to fib
do as you wish as you

Ride That Thing

MM​
As I recall it says something like "once the clutch is engaged" it must be automatic. I take that to mean NO SHIFTING to another gear. They do not say what method to use to engage the clutch.(or disengage.) The clutch lever is equal or the same thing as letting your friction drive down to engage the tire. After that it's AUTOMATIC. But if anyone is worried about it, they make a centrifugal clutch that bolts on to the HT's. And, as cool as the SBP shift kit is, ya gotta know that thing is illegal as #$!!.
Big Red.
P.S. And yeah, I'm gonna say YES.

Last edited:
no slickone
that is one THING for sure (in Calif)
one is suppose to wear a helmet (while riding a motorized bicycle)
and not the bicycle type (that I wear)​

I really hate straps around my neck. So I'll forego the helmet for now. Besides, when does the government tell us what clothes we have to wear or not wear...just my opinion.

Helmets

Hey Slickdude, It's not clothing, It's called Safety equipment. Do you wear a seatbelt when driving your car? Do you wear eye protection when using a grinder? ect, ect, ect. The first time ya bump yer head pretty good, you'll start wearing one, (If ya live through it.)
Big Red.

Right after I posted I had another thought. Getting your M-2 for your 2-stroke in California may soon be a moot point. As it stands now, It is VERY difficult to get ANYONE to ship a 2 stroke engine to California. We may all soon be riding 4 strokes or electric's. This is really about to put me out of business as I've been building and selling 2 strokes for over four years now.
This may be "off topic" but I thought I'd throw it in as an afterthought.
Also, Is there a thread dealing with how to get 2 stroke engines in Ca?
Just my 2 cents
Big Red.

I live in CA and it took me a while to find someone to send me a 2 stroke engine. I finally got one but it wasn't the one I would have selected.

Engines

I live in CA and it took me a while to find someone to send me a 2 stroke engine. I finally got one but it wasn't the one I would have selected.

So help out yer Bro's In Ca. and let us know where ya got it. I think I can still order direct from China, but not only did they all raise the prices, the shipping is killer. The 49cc is a little cheaper but I try not to use them, perhaps I should reconsider. Right now,in California, we don't have a big choice. Non of the majors are gonna ship here so we're stuck with whatever we can get. I've got a few from private party's on e-bay and craigslist and thats starting to dry up.
So give up yer connection my brother. We're hard up for the 2 stroke fix in Ca.
Big Red.

BigRed:

Here is the link that I used to purchase my 2 stroke engine. I got it from e-bay. I think the reason they will ship to CA is because they are located in CA and don't actually ship it into the state but I'm not certain about that. I must caution you that it comes with what it claims is a automatic kill switch built into the throttle but it doesn't really work. I had to purchase 2 new throttles with kill switches from sickbikeparts.com. Also, it is a cheap one made in China, the machine screws that came with it were so poorly made that I had to go to my hardware store and get all new bolts and screws. I purchased 2 of these about a month ago for $149.95 each, they have since raised the price to $179.95 each, shipping is free. The price might come down again after Christmas but I don't know for certain. The engines I got seem to be running fine with no problems since I broke them in. Good Luck!---> http://www.ebay.com/itm/80cc-2-Cycl...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2a13a8b3f7

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I really hate straps around my neck. So I'll forego the helmet for now. Besides, when does the government tell us what clothes we have to wear or not wear...just my opinion.
Obviously, the choice is yours.

But consider a baseball helmet if you do change your mind. They fit very snuggly and no strap is necessary... tho, I've seen someone mention that they have an extra loose string hanging from the ends so that the string appears to have a function.

:helmet:

I agree with you! The government shouldn't force people to wear helmets. It's a violation of our basic liberty to force people to wear anything. I recomend that you wear a helmet because you only get one head. Too many drivers just don't pay attention and don't look out for bikes. There are just too many drunks and idiots on the road these days and when they slam into you, they might be at fault but the bicyclist will get the worst of it every time.

Back