Cost of Building

My new build starts today when my frame gets here, im building something very similar to the "Hot Shoe Racer" so far I'm very close to $500 but it's all still a pile of new parts, I'm sure I'll run into a snag along the build.

I used to build and race Nitro R/C cars, trucks, and boats, the price of building and riding these bikes is pocket change compared to that hobby.

How much spent on my MB's doesn't bother me, and my wife usually looks the other way. I don't even count.

Okay, with "The Dragon Lady", the two Mitsubishi engine and drive assemblies, along with Rockshox fork and two wheels are well over $1500.

"The Iron Dragon" is stock now, awaiting $500 in front fork and hydraulic disc and built front wheel.

Then there's "BOB", my push trailer. There's $500 in it so far, including B.O.B. trailer, 6hp engine, Comet CVT and wheel/tire. Needs $150 more in parts and maybe $100 in welding.

That'll be cheap for me to reach 40mph, my fastest and quickest ride.

My 2006 Whizzer is my cheapest ride; I traded my son's used laptop for it. Some small parts ordered and Quenton is milling my head. $400 in "Mr. Whizzard" is good enough.

The Whizzer doesn't need to be fast; it's just a classy bike.

If necessary, I'll spend big bucks to get it to stop on a dime.

I KNOW I'll never spend as much as I did on my 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Sport Coupe.

Now I don't feel so bad about the cost of my new found hobby. LOL...
Wife is not real happy with it but oh well.If she only new what all I have on order lol she would kill me.It is fun to build them I think.I may be new to this bike building but its not hard to do at all.Its fun and the cost of this to my 1/4scale model plane building need I say more they can run you out of money fast I have over 2 thousand in my 1/4 scale TaylorCraft model plane.The only thing I see about this hobby is after the first bike you want another one and another and so on.Or it is with me.I was not in to putting a motor on them at first.But now wow its fun to ride them 25 to 40 mph is fast on a bicycle.Heck 18 is fast if you just look at stuff fly by you as you ride.So many ideals come to my mind color size just what all you can stick on it and still not make it look to bad.Just wish I had found this hobby a while back in my younger days.I had more money too lol.Now I am married.:sick:
Sure wish there was more people in to this hobby in my town.Think this place is full of snobs.If they only new what they was missing.

Back