Tires Cream Tires. Who's Better?

Drunkskunk

Local time
3:31 PM
Who makes the best cream colored 26" tire?

The 2 brands I've found are Fat Franks, and Quick Bricks. I have a set of both, but neither have many miles on them, and neither has been used with a motor yet.

Any prefrences?

There ok , different tread to bricks and franks but they are a fat tyre , I dont really know how they look yet as I have held off mounting them till I get my new bike , should have it in a few days tho , Ill post some pics when I can .

How's the bead on them?

I just discovered a problem with my fat franks. they don't have much of a bead. last night I found the tire had popped off the rim while sitting on the workstand. Granted, its a very wide rim, but the tire was hanging free, inflated to 20lbs, and the tube still managed to push the tire off the rim. Quickbricks have a thick bead, and sit really well on these rims.

Interesting , I tried to get some Schwalbes but the Electra/Felt rep ended up sending the Diamonds to the bike shop so thats what I ended up with , sounds like I got a better tyre ,
I compared the beads to Some Thick Briicks I have hanging up and they have just as good a bead . good to know .

Back