Dio Reed Setup - No start issue

You don't solve a jetting issue by adding an air leak. Which is what you are doing. You will burn that bad boy. Get the jetting fixed, and any air leaks. Get the leaks first, so you can get the jetting. I use a propane or mapp torch, not lit, just seeping the gas out, while the engine is running, to find leaks. I use the plug to find my fuel needs.

If it is stumbling off the line, it's not going to be your main jet, if you have many circuits. It's going to be the pilot.
Yeah, I'm thinking it's that nipple...... it would idle but won't hold steady, would constantly go up and down. I'm guessing it's that nipple, but when I did plug it up, the motor won't even turn over on it's own. I can't find any info on what that nipple is supposed to do, or if I'm even supposed to plug it up. Maybe I'll just plug it up and try to re-jet it. *shrugs*

#90 smallest I found... You can sodder a big one and drill it out... If you're out of options

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220122-174718.png
    Screenshot_20220122-174718.png
    250.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Screenshot_20220122-174945.png
    Screenshot_20220122-174945.png
    197.5 KB · Views: 114
Ya'll think I did any potential damage to the motor running it lean (air leak) and causing the motor to get soo hot? Now, I'm scared of trying to run the thing again.... don't want to do any damage to it but I have to figure out what's up with the motor.

Take some pics of the inside, and post, we'll let ya know.
I don't even know how to do that, I can barely log onto the interwebz. But, am I supposed to look for scarring on the cylinder walls? Melted piston top, perhaps? I'm pretty sure the motor is fine, was just curious if overheating it would cause worry for me in terms of longevity of the motor and possible problems in the future. Or if it is a..... it survived, it should be fine kinda deal?

If it's too lean it can burn a hole in the piston, I've done it. When you're playing with jetting and go to lean it will get hot real quick. An air leak will do the same, you need to check the piston for a window like Karl said take pictures.

Back