Dio Reed Setup - No start issue

I checked my plug, it's a bit wet and black'ish. I'm running a 35 pilot, if I remember... and a 95 main. Motor just feels like it's chugging along and wanting to cut out all the time, same speed from initial throttle opening to full throttle. What I did find interesting was that whenever I lean over to turn (you know, dragging my knee like a MotoGP star) the motor seems to pick up in speed some, what does that entail?

I checked my plug, it's a bit wet and black'ish. I'm running a 35 pilot, if I remember... and a 95 main. Motor just feels like it's chugging along and wanting to cut out all the time, same speed from initial throttle opening to full throttle. What I did find interesting was that whenever I lean over to turn (you know, dragging my knee like a MotoGP star) the motor seems to pick up in speed some, what does that entail?
Wet and black is way to rich.

Dry and black is lean., also dry and white is way to freaking lean.

Wet and black is way to rich.

Dry and black is lean., also dry and white is way to freaking lean.
You think it could be the float bowl? Like there is no fuel going into the main jet or something? Which is why when I turn and tilt, the motor suddenly surges? There's gotta be something there with how when I lean and turn and the bike picks up speed, although when I take out the bowl it's full of fuel. I'm at a lost.

You think it could be the float bowl? Like there is no fuel going into the main jet or something? Which is why when I turn and tilt, the motor suddenly surges? There's gotta be something there with how when I lean and turn and the bike picks up speed, although when I take out the bowl it's full of fuel. I'm at a lost.
Do a plug chop on the area of the throttle you are having problems with and show us a few clear pictures of the plug.

If you have a lot of fuel running through the carb and not enough air, it's really hard to get the fuel to pop. Ideal ratio (AFR) 14.7:1. If you have any smaller jets, try those.
What about when I turn and lean and the bike suddenly picks up? What would cause that?

Back