DIY Motorbike Creation

tabayoc

Local time
4:50 AM
Hi there! I have my own motorbike, but do you think it's possible to make a DIY motor-powered bike? I am a fan of recycling and recently, I was able to build a bike from scrap (different parts are put together). The bike is in use already and so far, it is serving me really good. Then yesterday, a neighbor threw out their broken Inmotion unicycle like this and it's already out of warranty. They couldn't fix it anymore so it ends up on the trash, but I managed to get it. Now, I want to get the parts of this unicycle and make it the main motor power for my bike. I wish I can make it happen.

Hi!

Anything is possible; It just takes some time, skills and $$.

This looks like an AWESOME project!

My first guess for an easy conversion would be to use the entire unicycle as a third wheel trailer.

This might be an inexpensive modification, maybe less than $100.

You might use lengths of angle iron to bolt the unicycle to your bike's rear axle.

You could hook up extra batteries in rear panniers for more speed/longer range.

Hook it up to the rear frame, run longer control cable and throttle to the handlebars.....

and away you go!

Last edited:
Lol its supposed to reach 20mph holy crap imagine going 20mph on a unicycle! Probably feels like what 50 does on a bicycle lol..

I could see that being a useful piece of technocrap as long as the gearbox was holding up, my question is why did he throw it out what about it is broken?

Lol its supposed to reach 20mph holy crap imagine going 20mph on a unicycle! Probably feels like what 50 does on a bicycle lol..

I could see that being a useful piece of technocrap as long as the gearbox was holding up, my question is why did he throw it out what about it is broken?

I'm not really sure what's broken. They brought it to the store but already out of warranty. And then they asked several repair shops to no avail. I'm still trying to figure out if I can use its parts. Hopefully.

Hi!

Anything is possible; It just takes some time, skills and $$.

This looks like an AWESOME project!

Thank you. I hope I can make it without shelling out money. Because as much as possible, I want it to be something that is built purely from junk. Sounds ridiculous I know. Anyway, thanks for your input.

Okay, attach one length of 36" angle iron to the unicycle's foot rest and your bike's rear axle.
Pivoting connections, of course.

Extend the electric wiring to an electric throttle or a variable resistor switch.

You're good to go.

Maybe $15.00. :)

If you can find a junk child's bicycle trailer, you can use its trailer hitch connection, instead of the angle iron.

Take the throttle and wiring from a junked electric bicycle, scooter or moped.

Now you can do this for the cost of solder and electric tape.

Maybe $1.00.:)

Back