electric start "silver bullet train" engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I was looking at that too , it was one of the reasons I was thinking for the BT80 may not be good choice for that particular build...

that would be cool! would you use mineral oil like in some of the computer coolers? :D
No, probably just plain antifreeze. The pumping mech is yet to be figured out... If it will ever be figured out.

In all actuality I looked at the bottom head/cylinder and noticed that because it is a single solid piece I could evade some issues you'd get with the 2 piece system of the happy time. Jb weld is pretty tough, I might be able to drill multiple holes/slots in the right places and build a shell over the head that can contain the fluid.

It can be shaped and painted any fashion I'd want so I can do something cool with that. I first need to find out how well it would actually work and have relative certainty it wouldn't separate from the cylinder and allow water to get out.

If I ever go that far I'll have to see if my only option is electrical pumping or if mechanical is a viable solution.

yeah.. my brother n law filled a hole in his goldwing engine case and its held ever since! lol strong stuff! lol

Last edited:
Yes, there have been oil injection 2-stroke motorcycles for decades.

4-stroke engines are best if you don't want to dick with gas/oil mixing.

2_4SddPanteraL.jpg

Pull Start, Automatic Clutch, Independent Lever Front and Rear Brakes, and it runs on Regular Gas.

KC hahaha dangit... I'm eating crow now... bought this 4 stroke for sister, will be installing soon lol. It will be on an earlier 2000 model Schwinn deluxe model...

KC hahaha dangit... I'm eating crow now... bought this 4 stroke for sister, will be installing soon lol. It will be on an earlier 2000 model Schwinn deluxe model...
My great grandmother had a really good recipe for crow, apparently. Allrecipes.com might have a few too if it gets really bad.

hahaha well being from Texas we got some good vittles! hahaha mmmm poke salad and possum stew... MM MM GOOOD! lol

The worst thing about eating roadkill is convincing someone to seriously watch out for traffic and not stare at you eating...

I may need to make a new thread about the BT80 haha looks like we have wandered way OT! haha and I'm not yet in build mode... but coming soon! lol working out kinks first lol I just ordered the dragons blood from caswell to seal the felt frame tank... then on to deciding wheel configuration... I have some nice sun mammoth rims Ive been wanting to build up , need to decide on hubs and spokes ect... disk no disk? drum? I have some Worksman front drums but I think they are too heavy build for this bike... wheels will weight more than frame if I go that route... don't think its necessary.. however I will use strongest spokes I can use... also fat franks or maxis hookworms or felt circuit tires possible but not sure of motor chain tire clearance on a 2.35 tire... circuits are thinner and also vintage but don't come in cream which I'm leaning towards...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back