Flexin the goose

Of course, your right about the use of cruiser frames on the first mountain bikes.
What did these riders do next? They discarded everything but the frame, for stronger, lighter and more effiencent components. The hubs, rims, brakes, and drive system, were all changed, for better stuff. The cruiser bike stuff didn't work very well. Just look at early Gary Fisher or Tom Richey bikes. These are 2 of the three people that are generaly credited with the starting of mountain biking, in Marin County Calif.
The third person started Wilderness Trail Bikes and I can't recall his name.
Oldieone

Of course, your right about the use of cruiser frames on the first mountain bikes.
What did these riders do next? They discarded everything but the frame, for stronger, lighter and more effiencent components. The hubs, rims, brakes, and drive system, were all changed, for better stuff. The cruiser bike stuff didn't work very well. Just look at early Gary Fisher or Tom Richey bikes. These are 2 of the three people that are generaly credited with the starting of mountain biking, in Marin County Calif.
The third person started Wilderness Trail Bikes and I can't recall his name.
Oldieone

Was it Joe Breeze or Charles Kelly?
Marin County is a paradise made for bikes.

Was it Joe Breeze or Charles Kelly?
Marin County is a paradise made for bikes.

I think Charlie Kelly founded Widerness Trail Bikes. Joe Breeze was also one of the early inovaters. I don't think he was given the credit , that some of the others got.
I don't want to imply that I was there. I bought my first mountain bike in 1985 and was living in Thousand Oaks, California, not Marin, but a wonderful place to ride, at the time.
Oldieone

If anybody wants to hear what the goose sounds like I made a video. The video is shot from the goose a one hand ride and thats my boy on the grubee 2-stroke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRWcFVPg8o4

She's good Nsideus. You kept on the tail of that car pretty well on the long accellerating stretch and it seems that the film car had difficulty keeping up with you. Nice sound too -I could hear the gearbox whining at one stage but not loud.
Only thing is that the rider seems really light and small and that probably makes a difference to accelleration. I'm very impressed anyway. Roll on production!

My boy in the helmet he's about 100lbs I have 70+lbs on him. The film car was me on the mongoose. The 2-stroke has faster acceleration but when the 4-stroke hits mid RPM's it will pull away and has a higher top end. The altitude here is a little over 6,000 ft

Back