For My Grandson, new builder here

yeah, I remember riding my buddies when I was 10 or so, funny enough he still has it lol, I mean, there unkillable, just keep the battery charged and you should be good for a long time (yes, I did try it out last month, still goes 14mph with a 200lb fatty and a 7-year-old battery!)

yeah, I remember riding my buddies when I was 10 or so, funny enough he still has it lol, I mean, there unkillable, just keep the battery charged and you should be good for a long time (yes, I did try it out last month, still goes 14mph with a 200lb fatty and a 7-year-old battery!)
In 30 years from now there's probably going to be very few fossil fuel engines. Outside of electrics, the combustion engines will be hydrogen and bio-fuels.

In 30 years from now there's probably going to be very few fossil fuel engines. Outside of electrics, the combustion engines will be hydrogen and bio-fuels.
Yup, now the government doesn't even want you maintaining your own car by making looked down upon (seriously, i know only a less than a handful of people that know how to change there own oil, and most people see it as a "bad thing" now, 5 years ago it was a lot easier to do stuff) And the EPA now wants to pass a bill that won't even let you even change the air filter!

Hopefully SEMA gets the rpm act passed, or else were all gonna be going to the black market for air filters and oil 😆

Other then the motocross electric bike i haven't really seen it suggested.

why not a small bike that a kid could ride but also grow into later. and use a electric kit this way as he grows you can upgrade it also making it faster has he grows more use to it this will also allow him to take it more places and even allow you to build one and ride beside him on the streets :)

start small go bigger

just my 1 cent .

and as he gets bigger you can even make it a gas engine or maybe a hybrid
The grandfather is an inexperienced builder. He also said he had a budget of $600. Unfortunately with electrics they can be expensive to build. Another factor to consider is some kids can have growth spurts while others grow slowly. Kids growth rates can be hard to predict. A frame that fits him now might be too small in 6 months. Or if you buy a larger frame thinking he'll grow into it. Well it might still be too big 3 years latter.

Which is why I suggested he build for himself first to gain experience in building. Still electric is a good suggestion.

I see the Cranbrook recommended height is 58" to 70". However since he's 9 that means it needs to be set up for off road use, unless they have a private road.

Of the Kent bikes I looked up that are low end mountian bikes. Even the 24" tire ones recommend the child be at least 12 years old.

how about getting him one of these?

quiet, legal, and most of all, enjoyable for a 9-year-old. (i mean, i would of KILLED for one of these when i was 9)

worst case when he grows out of it, you can both swap in a 60v LIPO battery and controller and let er eat!
That's pretty cool

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back