For the LAST TIME!!!!!!

Bikeguy Joe said:
mrsaxman99 said:
Joe as I recall you were one of the misinformed ones spreading bad information not too long ago...

What are you talking about mrs axman?

Feel free to post an example and I'll graciously acknowledge it.

There is a difference between a minor discrepency and constantly saying something that is absolutely not true, even after you've been corrected.

Now put up or shut up.

Well for starters:

Bikeguy Joe said:
FYI the idle mixture screw adjust the idle mixture to about 1/4 throttle. The needle covers from 1/4 to about 3/4-7/8 throttle, the main jet is pretty much for WOT.

to which I replied in the next post:

mrsaxman99 said:
we (me and augidog) don't have idle mixture screws...along with most of the rest of us. We have an idle screw...that just sets the lowest the idle will go...has nothing to do with mixture.

to which you reply:

Bikeguy Joe said:
Well, you know someday I'm going to have one of these then I can speak with great authority instead of just passing along general engine knowledge and diagnostics! :D

Seems strange that the carbs don't have an idle mixture screw...is there maybe one under a cap? Can someone post a big photo of each side of the carb?

Anyhow, let me know if you find an improvement in the top end when you enlarge the main jet.

...I just think it's funny that you make a bitching thread when not too long ago you were making uninformed assumptions....just like I'm sure a lot of the people you are bitching about are when they recommend "adjusting the idle mixture screw".

Alrighty then....I will graciously acknowledge that ONE instance. I was wrong. These carbs are very different from the norm which is 99.9% of bike carbs. I don't know of any other carb with just one jet for all ranges, not even simple model aircraft carbs.

Very different from the stuff I was bitchin' about.

So you got me there, happy now?

At least you can't whine because I'm dispensing tips and knowledge without having an engine....I know that got your shorts in a knot.

i was pointing out that i also thought the screw was for mixture when i first got here...guess ya had to be there :p

haha yeah that's right, I didn't like it either when you gave tips before owning one.

It's all good bud, you have one now, and have brought widespread attention to the fact that the adjustment screw on the side is in fact an idle SPEED adjustment, and not fuel mixture...so we are all the smarter!

I am getting some good help from the members of this forum which is appreciated. I have put several motorized bicycles together over the years that turned out nice, but not doing all that well with this Chinese engine. I have seen some of the neat work and learned of the many miles riders have put on these little engines. One fellow I talked to on the phone was just over 4000 miles and still runnung strong.

So, I'm sticking with what looks like a simple project, but feel on the dumb side and hope this group will be tolerant with some of my stupid statements and dumb questions.

Back