No start... Sorry in advance for being a moron...

I tightened the chain on the motor... now the chain on the pedal sprocket is way too lose and it's got no master link so I guess I'm done for the day...
That said... IDK if it was the chain tension that wasn't letting the bike start anyways

The chain is two weeks old lol
Looks bad in the pic and doesn't look new. Chineseum cheap metal.
New $20 chain illustrated below.
ch268c03.jpg

I take it back... maybe it did have something to do with chain tension... as it sounds like it's closer to starting now... video in a few...

You have a small sprocket in the back which will give you a better top end if the engine is running well but it does make starting much harder especially when the engine is new and stiff everything has to be spot on.

Your chain has cancer, if you're going to ride a lot a new chain will keep you from the walk of shame. You cleaned the surface rust. Where it matters, you'll never get rust free, it's deep.
The chain is two weeks old lol
I would soak it in some WD-40 to get rid of that rust and wipe it down and then really soak it good in some 2 cycle oil and then wipe all the excess oil off of it.

As far as the chain length, see if it MAY be possible to just get rid of the tensioner altogether like what I have done on my bike...You might have to adjust things like bringing the rear rear a little more forward or backwards etc to do this.

Here is mine with no tensioner after I did it for mine with two different motors...I have that same 36 tooth sprocket in the rear like you do...I also had to custom maket the pedal chain to size when I did this to make it match the drive chain...I also use the 22 tooth freewheel sprocket on the pedal side as I got rid of the coaster brake wheel...It is also one less thing to go wrong as well...lol...Just another additional thought if ya like it...lol.

Chainguard.JPG

DSCN0229.JPG

IMG_0348.jpg

Last comment on the chain. This pic is what piqued my interest. It looks like it was cleaned on the outside, or an attempt was made. Look at the inside of the links. The rust getting into the rollers and pins is what concerned me. That is nearly impossible to get rid of.
cOeIQ9TLU19jqb5AhV5O9mhLca_QNDlopHc0pqj84ZGXGpk3T_vr8koHpra13MBxuGz5ll3z4AHlLyOLRqqK77Zm-0fQZi_eFQuE8Ge7w29BHAVQe4w4xhF9_hIRCfgBlBer2kHaKKjKq5GBZfazZ-2TxXH6Twns-j384anJj3gCPjQWrGFeX_O6-LVD3ggWotvf6jQ_WyBJuFu477_dP4pcodabuE4BMs4IoKrKGiSl76_2jglC-NHZyZJvV5jwtxyJ-bf3NL7cgXwz-FVPi-VS5LPrJJXi7DceZZfUhVxGPrwkhpwGKpxPyxk9CDe4khOYR7-yhH4rfeb_548eTmu2O-MXd2oi6QthGUK4rWFFqd-Hq-PNbUI9fPqPp_4szwmon24QedDp5XJzFVf3yXvmtzWfhfKIlj35JW-N2Mxi50ejCrWWxFQUFIoAzgw7JtuLuoirYChlBaYE2cwiFj2z43ksvIpLT4n_6YCbMMvFcMquAetvRnPks3Ea9jG-mC7pECzliS9LBPQPUUXnK-i-NZqQqF9ekWEMAYimJvHnBsa9O9Urp2ji8EKOVNrje2s9O9eJNO2F7ePdO-EqpWHPUAc3PZAWXfU8olHsWNb1dURwsi7JvmF_vl75UdORt21pnXjO3Sfxlbh-VEUhdyqRpwEsUAeRluV-RKl6nFENa0lHmBT3XMhDRKTxmUNHBilMMfYpqLC1lbBkZgL7fbyiHky4K57FFa7-2dVkVNBGkJMN-Vqhr-MYYsVmrs1hRAfYW5CvuKsik_nfRhz-ud0Kt21YmnIqD76t3OLSeHSTDqxzfTg359r-0xtZNc4-Sf1o2WL5_ynM0w6XldWudF2nOo3yiElz5eBdxJrCRQ3dzpYc7edzUeUGv6QDRHrLNGL9H7cqRZxndrWkQXWCxnBv7r_QyIm2xL8Jd2uMXOahD8Rv=w730-h973-s-no

Back