Fred Head Questions

YetiWoodz

The o ring i'm not sure,if the carb has a pilot jet go bigger,if no pilot then raise the needle and make sure float is at the right height.
I'm 99% sure it doesn't have a pilot jet. So yeah, what does raising/lowering the needle do in comparison to changing the regular jet? And its the needle clip I got to raise right?

GreasyChris

Your jet is essentially a hole that fuel passes thru. The bigger the hole the more fuel it flows. The needle is tapered and fills this hole. By raising the clip you lower the tapered needle lower into the hole and restricting the fuel flow a little with each notch on the needle this leans the mixture out. When you lower the clip on the needle you raise the tapered needle in the hole allowing more fuel to flow. This richness the mixture.

wan37

On page 33 post 328 he says he has a 19mm hp carburetor there’s not clip or slide. I think it has one adjustment that’s jetting.

Street Ryderz

I'm 99% sure it doesn't have a pilot jet. So yeah, what does raising/lowering the needle do in comparison to changing the regular jet? And its the needle clip I got to raise right?
Lowering the clip raises the needle,float adjustment is important aswell to get the idle right.The needle let's you fine tune off idle and the transition there upto 3/4 throttle.