Fred Head Questions

Uhhhhhh.....how do I get this out?? The spark plug separated.The threads of the spark plug are stuck in the head.

Oh that sucks. You can probably use an easy out extractor. I would try a torx socket or hex socket close to the size of the hole and tap it in with a hammer gently and then see if it will turn out of there. There is specialty tool for that exact problem with Ford 150s v8 engines so a local mechanic may have one you could rent or borrow or pay to have it removed. Its probably not in there very tight a big flat head screwdriver might even spin it out for you

How did that happen ?. Did you use a 3ft pipe on the end of the spark plug wench to tighten it down. o_O

I just turned the spark plug by hand and then used a regular ratchet to turn it and I felt no resistance and so I turned it more than usual cuz I thought I just didn't tighten it enough by hand, then I noticed the plug is loose so I take it out and it came apart

What plug is that ?. If its from here = USA. I'd fire off a email to the company that made it and b**ch to them .

Back