Front Drive Sprocket Size

DaveenBavari

Local time
4:24 AM
Are there any bigger front drive sprockets that I can buy to get even more speed out of my bike. I already have a 28 tooth rear Sprocket and I can only do 35 before I hit the top of the rev range.

Are there any bigger front drive sprockets that I can buy to get even more speed out of my bike. I already have a 28 tooth rear Sprocket and I can only do 35 before I hit the top of the rev range.
You will go faster with a larger than 28 tooth rear Sprocket.
How fast did your bike go with the stock 44? tooth sprocket?

You are overgeared for the puny hp of your motor.
Gearing your bike for more speed will make it even slower.

Post a pic of your piece of junk. lol What motor mods do you have?

You need a tachometer and some common sense. :)

Last edited:
most motors rub the chain against the cover as it goes around that sprocket - I doubt a simple way could be found to enlarge it

I believe it is possible to have a larger drive sprocket for more speed, you would have to modify the casing first to allow the chain to clear. That would be easy.

To my knowledge there is no prior work on this to provide a purchaseable 11t+ drive sprocket on the same spindle however.

Entirely possible and yes that will increase your top speed if you were to find one that fits.
Post a link to the product below if you find it.

Last edited:
the cover can be cut back a bit to stop rubbing, but since it carries the entire force of the clutch spring to disengage the clutch, I wouldn't modify it too much

Back