Got my 3 spoked mag wheels today no sprocket on bike chain side @#$%

daveet66

Local time
4:53 AM
Anyone recommend a vidioe? I can't find one and no instructions on the disk brakes by the time this bike is finished gonna be winter time!🤣🤣

I do not know of any video because all bike frames have their differences and quirks to contend with putting these things on, like stretching the rear frame making sure you have that narrow width spacer between the 36 tooth rear sprocket and the 203mm rear disk rotor, (36 tooth sprocket is a must in order to have enough room to fit the brake caliper)...(203mm disk rotor is also a must in order for the caliper and chain to have clearence with each other.

My tutorial in how to do this is a must read to find the things needed and how I did it.

If you had read this tutorial, you would already know that the pedal side chain freewheel, (sprocket is NOT included but must be bought separately).

Read it over thoroughly in the beginning to get an idea of how to do it and where to get the other required parts to do the job and how much each of those necessary items cost by clicking on their links to product and price.

I put alot of time in effort writing this tutorial as well as already doing it myself...Reading it thoroughly is your best way to learn how.

I do not know of any video because all bike frames have their differences and quirks to contend with putting these things on, like stretching the rear frame making sure you have that narrow width spacer between the 36 tooth rear sprocket and the 203mm rear disk rotor, (36 tooth sprocket is a must in order to have enough room to fit the brake caliper)...(203mm disk rotor is also a must in order for the caliper and chain to have clearence with each other.

My tutorial in how to do this is a must read to find the things needed and how I did it.

If you had read this, you would already know that the pedal side chain freewheel, (sprocket is NOT included but must be bought separately).

Read it over thoroughly in the beginning to get an idea of how to do it and where to get the other required parts to do the job and how much each of those necessary items cost by clicking on their links to product and price.

I put alot of time in effort writing it and also already doing it myself...Reading it thoroughly is your best way to learn how.

Thank you very much

If you had read this, you would already know that the pedal side chain freewheel, (sprocket is NOT included but must be bought separately).

I put alot of time in effort writing it and also already doing it myself...Reading it thoroughly is your best way to learn how.

I've been doing some poking around online. The general consensus is you can't run larger than a 36T even with a 203mm rotor. Phatmoto used to make a 255mm rotor, in which you could run a 44T at that point.

I have the BBR disc brake adapter. It would appear to me that you MIGHT be able to run a 40T even with a 203mm because of where the adapter sits. If your bike uses PM or IS mounts then forget it as the caliper will be in the way of the MB sprocket's chain line. Your dropouts will play a role in it. I have angled dropouts, but I'm currently doing a disc brake wheel build in the front and I'm thinking with a BBR adapter it MIGHT be possible. Next time I'm outside I'll snap a few pics.

I bought an 11T sprocket a few months ago. 11/40 is very close to 10/36. I always wanted to run either a 36T or an 11T and man, I absolutely hated it. MZMiami sells 11T sprockets for $20, and it was horrible. I had to be going above 4,500RPMs for it to even be enjoyable.

The general consensus is you can't run larger than a 36T even with a 203mm rotor.
That fact is in my tutorial link.

then forget it as the caliper will be in the way of the MB sprocket's chain line.
(36 tooth sprocket is a must in order to have enough room to fit the brake caliper)...(203mm disk rotor is also a must in order for the caliper and chain to have clearence with each other.
That interference issue is also mentioned.
203mm disk rotor is also a must in order for the caliper and chain to have clearence with each other.

I don't understand what you're asking. Are you talking about the rear sprocket for the engine? or for the bicycle chain and it didn't come with a freewheel?
He is talking about the pedal chain side freewheel which I have also addressed as well.
If you had read this tutorial, you would already know that the pedal side chain freewheel, (sprocket is NOT included but must be bought separately).

That fact is in my tutorial link.

That interference issue is also mentioned.

He is talking about the pedal chain side freewheel which I have also addressed as well.
Tutorial link? I don't recall seeing a tutorial, did you run something larger than a 36T?

I found this photo I took I forgot I had with the BBR adapter. Let's say that a PM mount is on the chain stay, and IS mounts are on the seat stay (I'm sure there are variants with all the different frames) if the adapter is back there, I don't know if it would get in the way of the rear sprockets chain line? Just a thought.

Attachments

• BBR adapter on frame.jpg
    BBR adapter on frame.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 30
Tutorial link? I don't recall seeing a tutorial, did you run something larger than a 36T?
Here is the link to the post I made in this thread pointing it out...I highlighted where I referred to "tutorial" in green coloured highlight since you mentioned that you missed it...lol.

I found this photo I took I forgot I had with the BBR adapter. Let's say that a PM mount is on the chain stay, and IS mounts are on the seat stay (I'm sure there are variants with all the different frames) if the adapter is back there, I don't know if it would get in the way of the rear sprockets chain line? Just a thought.
Yes...I included the BBR adapters in my parts list links in the tutorial although I made my own homemade ones for my bike as seen in the pics provided below after this link to the tutorial once again.

Fabricated Rear Caliper Adaptor IMG_0347.jpg

Another view of rear caliper adaptor.IMG_0350.jpg

DSCN0189.JPG

DSCN0188.JPG

Here is the link to the post I made in this thread pointing it out...I highlighted where I referred to "tutorial" in green coloured highlight since you mentioned that you missed it...lol.

Yes...I included the BBR adapters in my parts list links in the tutorial although I made my own homemade ones for my bike as seen in the pics provided below after this link to the tutorial once again.

View attachment 195275

View attachment 195276

View attachment 195277

View attachment 195278
Ah yes, I remember this post now. What sprocket is in the rear? I went through the tutorial and didn't see the size, unless I missed it

Ah yes, I remember this post now. What sprocket is in the rear? I went through the tutorial and didn't see the size, unless I missed it
You missed it...lol

Also the link below this will show you the mags and where i got them from...They come with the disks, calipers, disk brake pads, 36 tooth sprocket. and the spacer needed between the rear disk and drive sprocket...IMPORTANT: Be sure to order them with the 36 tooth sprocket to avoid clearance issues with the caliper and chain and rear drive sprocket.

Back