got to love Ca DMV regarding MBs

Mountainman,

I know you've made various posts elsewhere on this forum and I've read almost all of them--at least in regards to the laws in CA--and I'm not sure but I'm assuming that you have the plates for your MB? Have you ever gotten pulled over and asked for an M2 license? And judging from your other posts, I'm guessing you live within or around the city of Corona, which is sort of near Ontario, Pomona, and maybe Claremont? I live near Downtown LA and I was wondering if cops here are aware of MB laws and whether or not they would stop me just because they felt like it? Also, if I had the motorcycle permit, would that technically let me operate an MB during daytime hours alone?

hi tallius
we are located in San Diego County -- Small town of Lakeside
I have no M-2 license
I did take the test for M-2 then DMV employees told me it wasn't needed
they threw the M-2 test which I passed into the DMV trash can
I have never been pulled over
a Lady friend who rides with no license does a lot of night time riding -- never pulled over either
ride that thing

Mountainman,

Thanks for the info. I've been keeping track of most of your threads and they are, by far, the most informative aside from the guy from Sacramento who sells Whizzers for a living. Can't quite remember his username from the top of my head though. I figured as much that laws vary at the local county level as well as at the state level. State law says one thing then the city law says another and depending on which cop or DMV personnel you talk to, you may get an answer that's different or in conflict with the state and county laws.

That's California for you.

Anyway...I really appreciate all the threads you've made. It's been particularly enlightening. Hope to see more threads from you.

remember our motor biking friend

1-Thanks for the info

2-the guy from Sacramento who sells Whizzers for a living
Can't quite remember his username from the top of my head though

3-State law says one thing then the city law says another and depending on which cop or DMV personnel you talk to, you may get an answer that's different or in conflict with the state and county laws.

4-That's California for you.

1-you are very welcome

2-MotorBikeMike ?? nice guy...

3-yes this is true -- thinking that it should be of not much concern though -- what would a judge say about this ?? would a judge in this matter enforce each little local City law or turn to state law for final decision ?? especially if we brought to court with us State of Calif DMV registration papers for said motorized bicycle ??

4-yes in this case that is Calif for us
but to remember
Calif is a very motorized bicycle friendly state
would NOT trade it for many other states that make it darn hard to ride..

because we -- like to ride those THINGS

Take a copy of the DMV laws/regulations that pertain to your motorized bike and keep it with you when you ride.

I posted the laws on another thread somewhere on this board a while back.

IF you get stopped, show it to the cop. IF he/she writes you a ticket, take a copy of the law to court with you.

I doubt seriously whether you will have a problem. No worries, mate.:D

Mary

Yo Mountainman!
...I know Lakeside! before Los Coches got it's wallyworld! Lol
...and that old white church down on the main st always made me think of Arlo Guthrie and Alice's Restaurant... :)

Anyhow, I've been warned abt talking politics here on the board already.
So far I just can't figger how to discuss things like this thread without considering the business of getting along with each other.

Some of the prior posts are correct, some not so much so, IME.

I really don't like straddling the fence, but don't want to get in hot water because this board has such great information! And I'd like to contribute, too...

Best
rc

Back