How much side to side play

I'm on a better 'puter now and can see the pic better - I don't see the little pin-prick holes usually caused by wrist pin failure, so fail was lower down.

as to what caused it, you may never know as one mistake in mixing fuel a month ago could have started damage that didn't get real bad till now, or a factory defect could have been going on causing slow wear since new

just my opinion here, but I've never liked putting performance parts onto what is essentially a low quality, disposable, workhorse motor

I'm on a better 'puter now and can see the pic better - I don't see the little pin-prick holes usually caused by wrist pin failure, so fail was lower down.

as to what caused it, you may never know as one mistake in mixing fuel a month ago could have started damage that didn't get real bad till now, or a factory defect could have been going on causing slow wear since new

just my opinion here, but I've never liked putting performance parts onto what is essentially a low quality, disposable, workhorse motor

Always been mixing 5.5 ounces oil to one gallon of gasoline.
It looks like a Bushing? went out, from the pieces i seen in the case bottom. I can't get to it though. I'll be calling Duane @Dax tomorrow.
Ahh, you mean the head as the performance part?
I agree with you though these things are little work horses and i have gotten quite alot of mileage out of it.
Thanks for your help crassius :)

I have customers that ride 20 miles to work, and 20 miles home 5 days a week at reasonable speed and they usually get about 6 months out of a motor - with trips to store and weekend riding, that comes to between 6000 and 8000 miles per motor

I have customers that ride 20 miles to work, and 20 miles home 5 days a week at reasonable speed and they usually get about 6 months out of a motor - with trips to store and weekend riding, that comes to between 6000 and 8000 miles per motor

I ride pretty hard up crazy hills sometimes more than 60 miles per day, do you think that could have stressed that lower bearing/bushing out to much?
I thought i'd get at least 3000 miles out of it, but then again, like you said, "low quality, disposable, workhorse motor"
Going to call @Dax about it though. Hopefully we can figure something out because this is my only transportaion and like i said, i ride it 60+ miles per day.
Thanks crassius :)

I ride pretty hard up crazy hills sometimes more than 60 miles per day, do you think that could have stressed that lower bearing/bushing out to much?
I thought i'd get at least 3000 miles out of it, but then again, like you said, "low quality, disposable, workhorse motor"
Going to call @Dax about it though. Hopefully we can figure something out because this is my only transportaion and like i said, i ride it 60+ miles per day.
Thanks crassius :)
Well, generally speaking a bigger bearing will take more of a beating than smaller one before failing.

The surface area on the lower bearing has got to be at least 8 times the surface area than the wrist pin bearing, so I'd expect under normal circumstances the wrist pin bearing should be the first one to go. Just remember if the wrist pin goes and turns into confetti then there's a fair chance something can get into the large bearing. Might not fail at the same time but it eventually will.

This bearing that went into the piston seems to still be alright. When i look down into the case i see all kinds of weird shaped parts lol
When i look at the bottom big end of the con rod then i see why the slop was there, missing bearings/bushing :confused:
Well, first engine of this year to be replaced :mad:
I have another bottom end and i see Pin bearings in the lower part of the connecting rod, just bushing pieces inside of the one that just blew o_O
SUNP0012.JPG

I like that guy at Dax. We spoke about oils and how many miles were on the engine and trying another oil and a thicker head gasket lol
Got a discount on the engine and some good conversation about atmospheric pressure and other things that Ii didn't take into consideration along the line.
Guess i'll get it on the road within the week.
Thanks for all of your comments, be careful out there guys, those car drivers really don't pay any attention.

Well, generally speaking a bigger bearing will take more of a beating than smaller one before failing.

The surface area on the lower bearing has got to be at least 8 times the surface area than the wrist pin bearing, so I'd expect under normal circumstances the wrist pin bearing should be the first one to go. Just remember if the wrist pin goes and turns into confetti then there's a fair chance something can get into the large bearing. Might not fail at the same time but it eventually will.
Thanks Jake :)
You have learned alot since I have been watching. Quite alot more than me. I may have to bend your ear sometimes for some pointers through the msg system if you wouldn't mind.
Respect! :)

Thanks Jake :)
You have learned alot since I have been watching. Quite alot more than me. I may have to bend your ear sometimes for some pointers through the msg system if you wouldn't mind.
Respect! :)
Definitely have, everyday's a learning experience. Hopefully one day I'll have enough experience to be able to build a 2 stroke happy time with the reliability of a Honda 4 stroke. Feel free to message me whenever you please, I'll try and help.

You can find reliable motors and great tech videos from Fred clemensky, at c r machine.
His craftman ship and attention to detail is very profesional...

Back