I found a bicycle junkyard!!

wan37

Local time
3:05 AM
So I got some stuff there spent 15 bucks. Tell me if it was a good score? Black bike I already painted handle bars, mounted gas tank and back drive sprocket. The silver frame looks like a motor will fit good.

Attachments

• 1F02B535-BBF4-4DB4-9AB0-C9234B71CB38.jpeg
    1F02B535-BBF4-4DB4-9AB0-C9234B71CB38.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 175
  • 5F68B3CD-CD07-46BA-AB62-CE6B14B3EED4.jpeg
    5F68B3CD-CD07-46BA-AB62-CE6B14B3EED4.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 185
Just a new pair of cheap handle bars costs more than $15, SCORE!

The best part was it’s 3 streets over from my house . He had a landscaping trailer full of frames stacked high to be scraped . So he makes money either way.

Seems like a good source for wheel/rims. In bicycle only stuff it seems those are what's replaced most. A guy I found on craig's educated me on wheels and sold me one when I needed it. Japanese wheels made in the 70's/80's are the best because of their quality. Seemed right after he took one apart and showed me the difference in parts. Axle. bearings and hub, spokes, rim material. Not talking high end bikes here just mass produced ones. Ended up paying $30 for the wheel and thought that was high but it turned out to be a good wheel.

I’ve got windowed piston done for engine on black bike frame. Waiting on clips and rings, needle bearing and piston pin. I got dual brake thumb throttle on also back sprocket on too. Just waiting on piston stuff. I’ll shoot some pics soon

So what would make it easier to sell .What features should I put onto it. Here’s what I have 1..dual brake thumb throttle. 2.. three bolt sprocket adaptor with 38 teeth sprocket 3.. 80cc BGF big mouth engine mount 4.. reed valve that is in the intake port. 5..black square high compression head 6.. windowed piston. 7..The old speed carburetor NT the one with a shut valve on the fuel inlet. 7..Pull start that works . Now tires look brand new inter tubes hasn’t leak yet . I was thinking putting all this stuff on it. So tell me is this too much stuff to get my money back.

That would depend on how much your gonna sell it for and how much a serious buyer wants to spend...lol...DAMIEN
I thought of that but I didn’t want to put more on it because I could use the other stuff on my other frame. I always see motorized bikes in my local ads with just a basic kits with two brake lever. They mostly sell them around 350 to 400. Which I was thinking to put more stuff so they might jump on it .

Back