I want to sell, Asking price?

yep,
whenever you try to sell something like this, it's very hard to get your money back out of it.
unless you are abe to get parts at wholesale like redbarron said, or you happen to find the right person willing to pay what you want because they HAVE to have it.
I have about $500.00 (not including my time and all the custom parts that i made for it) in my o.c.c. chopper and i would sell it for $600.00 if someone offered me that much.
My time is worth more than $100.00, but sometimes if you want to get rid of something such as a m.b. you may have to take a little bit of a loss.
it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and what you have in it doesn't really matter to the buyer.

Asking Price

Hey Adrian, Nice Bike.
I've been selling bikes for a while and I'll tell you how I do it.
First, ALWAYS have them sign a liability waver, even if it's a good friend. If their in the hospital from wrecking the bike, the insurance co. will insist on going to court. Just print up the standard one all the supliers use and substitute your name.
Second, Get their I.D. At least the number off their D.L. They may not live at the address on the D.L. but the cops will know their new address. I've even had them leave their car key's. Their not gonna leave a car behind,(unless they stole it too.)
Thirdly,(is that a word?) CASH, CASH, CASH. If the buyer is serious they will come prepared to BUY. You want to TEST RIDE the bike? Lay down the cash. Then if they don't want the bike,(and it came back in the same condition it left), they get their money back. If it's f^$k#d up then they bought a bike. At the very least a refundable deposit. Hopefully enough to fix what might get broke.
Last but not least, HELMET, ON HEAD. I have a spare one I keep just for test rides. (their not using my personal helmet.) You WILL be held liable if the guy crackes his head open and you let the dude ride without one, even if theres no helmet law in your state.(insurance co's again)
But I'm afraid Red Baron and motorpsycho are right, You almost NEVER get what it's really worth. After parts & labor &&& all the love put into it, the economy still blows. I ALSO think you should start at $1000,00. Give yourself some wiggle room.
But you gotta work it how it works for you. I'm just letting ya know how I handle things. There are WAY TOO MANY scammers and theives in the world
and ya gotta do everything you can think of to protect your s**t.
My 2 cents,
Big Red.

Last edited:
Back