Ideas for Made in America bikes

mcdanida

Local time
10:55 PM
Hello all, is there such thing as "made in America" motor bicycle kits? I mean most everything is made in America from the fasteners to the carburetor to the engine? Can anyone attest to the quality over the China or Korean or Taiwan builds? How are the price differences?

The closest is Grubee who says he has a factory in china but invents or
designs all the parts, much higher quality than Chinese designs but
about twice as expensive. Right now he does not offer discounted
kits, so you have to buy the parts separately, here:

Hello all, is there such thing as "made in America" motor bicycle kits? I mean most everything is made in America from the fasteners to the carburetor to the engine? Can anyone attest to the quality over the China or Korean or Taiwan builds? How are the price differences?
No its all Chinese best bet is assembling something with strong hardware and Japanese or Taiwanese components. If you found a used gxh50 you could swap a tapered crank on it possibly and convert it to huasheng carb also take out the mechanical gov. But for a new honda price you could buy 2.5 Chinese 49cc's. I'm working on a 98cc kawasaki 4 stroke to hopefully use a belt drive manual transmission but I need to install a new valve and piston ring (kid broke it).

Last edited:
Golden eagle was made in america supposedly they just went out of business but horribly overpriced and the belt drive kit wasn't the best actually. The sheave only had teeth on half of it and I broke 2 or 3 belts from climbing hills. It would benefit from some sort of chain drive and sturdier mounting.

4 stroke 138cc flathead

Made in USA - Whizzer Motorbike Co. Engine Kit's and Motorbikes 1939 - 1955

Made in Taiwan for Whizzer USA - Reproduction Whizzer Motorbike Engine Kits and Motorbikes 1999 - 2009

Last edited:
Is it true a whizzer is $4,000? I have seen a few in shop windows but saw one for like 4k online.

Yes some Whizzers can be very rare and worth alot of $$$$$ I saw an early 1948 Pacemaker sell for $13,000 at auction and that was 10 years ago
Today I think rare vintage Whizzers can be worth more money. It all depends on the condition year and model

The early 1948 factory production Whizzer is one of the most valuable So everyone selling a Vintage Whizzer On E bay says they have a 1948 :LOL:
True their engine might be from 1948 but not the rest of the bike.

Vintage Factory Production Whizzers are the most valuable Then purpose built H/D WZ507 Schwinn for the Whizzer or Marmon M/B Engine.
Then any vintage bike with a vintage Whizzer engine. Whizzer Engine kit's could be mounted on most bikes.

Ya gotta know what your looking at when shopping for a Vintage Whizzer because alot of vintage Whizzers are faked with reproduction parts modern frames and wheels

Made in Taiwan Repop Whizzers and are usually worth $500 - $4K depending on the year condition and upgrades
New they sold for $1,200 - $1,950 depending on the year

Last edited:
Today USA can't compete with cheep China Labor
Today USA can't compete because of DOT, and EPA rules and regulations

Hello all, is there such thing as "made in America" motor bicycle kits?

In the 1940s & 50s the USA could make and sell a M/B engine kit for $99 - $149

Today in 2021 China can make and sell a M/B engine kit for the same $99 - $189
USA can't compete with Cheep China Labor

In the 1940s & 50s the USA could make and sell a M/B engine kit for $99 - $149

Today in 2021 China can make and sell a M/B engine kit for the same $99 - $189
USA can't compete with Cheep China Labor
Exactly! The only people who are disallowed to buy Chinese products is our own Government.

Back