Ill admit I was warned...

GW's Motorized

Local time
9:35 PM
Just to start off with, fenders look sick, but they come at a price.

I love the look of fenders on a bike, and I would love to keep them, but I should have taken the 5 or 10 minutes to reinforce mine.

My bike is an older Huffy Newport. It's an amazing frame, and it has fenders.

I was headed down the road going 35 when with zero warning my bike started skidding almost like socks on tile. It went for almost an entire block. My rear fenders had busted off its mount and bound up the rear wheel and went under it. Now my rear wheel is screwed and the almost brand new tire.

These are the pictures
20230424_155447.jpg

20230424_155451.jpg

20230424_161959.jpg

This is what it did to my fender
20230424_162003.jpg

Just stop over to my house...I got plenty here that needs doing...lol.
Funny thing is, I was just thinking something similar. I need young(er) people help to move out a pile of scrap sheet metal from an old shed and a bunch of burning wood that needs cleaned up and organized. There has to be somebody out there that needs some kind of help doing some sort of random task or cleaning. Hell, put an ad up on marketplace or craigslist and see if you get any bites. Just say "General Labor" and set your rate based on the work they want done - a good way to avoid being paid 10 bucks to shovel a yard full of animal turds (was my first private enterprise lol).

You might find work as an apprentice to a landscaper or painter. I can't believe what my parents paid for a couple days of trimming trees and bushes. Over $3,000 for a man and helper for 2 days work and haul-away!
If you've ever had to do it you'd know its a pita and hard on your body. I don't blame the old for spending some money to make their life easier; You just don't recover from physical stress anywhere like you used to.

OK, good...When you come down here for the yardwork I need pulling out mesquite thorn bushes and goatheads, I will remember that you said heat doesn't bother you when it hits 110 degrees farenheit...lol...lol.
Where I live the temperature gets to 106 to 108 every day in the dead of summer. It's probably more humid here too since I live a 15 minute walk from the river

Back