Interesting exhaust pipe choices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, I don't think anything is as bad as stock exhaust. But there are some people out there that was want something that looks cool or is quiet.
I have the MZMIAMIPARTS expansion chamber and it is not only cool looking but very VERY loud

Hate to here this as I was told they are not that loud. If it is too loud for me I will try a silencer. Wonder if there has been any changes made to them between yours and mine. I have not tired mine yet but only got it a few weeks ago. Thanks for the input.

Sorry to hear the bad news, I bought mine around the same time.
Have you took the cap off your stock exhaust before? If so, it's a little quieter than that WHILE your sitting on bike but as soon as you go to back of bike it gets loud again.... I don't mind noise sense it wards off animals in a 2 mile radius:)
Something else to hit or be hit by lol

Does it pop when you back off it? Is this loud you are talking about?

These little gas motors are loud - that's my main complaint and the reason I don't enjoy riding mine. They're damn obnoxious! Reminds me of mowing the lawn and I hate doing that! Someone figure out a real quiet pipe - that matters to me more than going a break-neck speeds.

ha! If you think the stock pipe is loud you ought to try an expansion chamber. that will leave your ears ringing!

Thanks, but I'll save my ears for things like conversation and music. I'm grateful to my Dad who always made me wear ear protection when I used power tools, mowers, etc. The damage is permanent.

What'd you say?;)
I've learned that loud things aren't necessarily cool but something like MB's they need for people to know what they are and how fast they are lol

I've heard that argument with motorcycles - that they need to be loud for their own safety and I call BS on that. You take certain risks if you ride a motorcycle or MB that does not give you the right to annoy the rest of the population with loud farting noises.

Nano, unfortunately you are wrong. Letting your bike be loud enough for others to hear is a more immediate alert to them that a motorcycle is nearby and to look good before doing anything. I have "ringing of the ears" but I designed my silencer to not be too silent. I don't doubt that it has prevented many a car from swerving into me.

Up until 105,000 miles I ran my stock pipes and mufflers on my Harley and for 11,000 a pair if slip ons that are not really loud as I like listing to my stereo and talk on the CB. Now on the bike with the pipe above I am going to run I more then likely have to make a silencer to keep peace with the neighbors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back