Loop around Oahu trip

Hawaii Ed and I had a shakedown ride for his Trek/shift kit bike and "The Iron Dragon", my 460 engined friction drive Giant bike. Ed rode 50 miles(?) and I rode about 58.5 miles.

Thankfully no breakdowns for either of us. I opened my reserve tank's petcock and forgot to close it. Fortunately Ed caught my error and maybe a few ounces overflowed from the full g-tank.:geek:

East Oahu ride coming this month!

Was a great trip today! I think you are a little off on the miles 5-7, your odo was not working until Ala Moana :)

I showed 55 for me, which would make it more in the 75-80 mile range for you!

Vids are in the 460 build thread!

Here are some cool on the road pics from my Harley buddy!

Attachments

• 2009_08_09_Informal_Ride__Lunch_-102.jpg
    2009_08_09_Informal_Ride__Lunch_-102.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 220
  • 2009_08_09_Informal_Ride__Lunch_-103.jpg
    2009_08_09_Informal_Ride__Lunch_-103.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 214
You guys ever "refuel" at Leonard's with some Malasada's?

My uncle lives in Pearl City, and when we went to visit, those were about a daily routine:D:D

Oh man, those are so good! And they have mobile trucks all over too. We went right by there yesterday. We did hit Hooters again :)

You guys are sure bringing back a lot of old memories for me. I was stationed at Hickam from 1974 - 1980. Loved it. Had a Puch moped I rode all over the island.

I retired at Hickam, just got hired Federal at Pearl Harbor! I used to come here TDY all the time from 1990-1993 and always wanted to get back.

The final North and East Oahu leg will be 103 miles for me, a little more for Hawaii Ed.

"The Iron Dragon" will be filled with 12 pints of 91 octange gas. Estimated mileage is 72 mpg or 9 miles/pint.

Easily identifiable landmarks will be Chevron gas stations:

Sunset Chevron - 30 miles, using 3 pints 2 ounces, remainder 8 pints 14 oz.

Lunch at Kahuku Shring wagon.:D

Laie Chevron - 40 miles, using 4 pints 2 oz, remainder 7 pints 14 oz..

Kaneohe Bay Chevron - 62 miles, using 7 pints, remainder 5 pints.

Keolu Chevron - 72 miles, using 8 pints. Filling up with 4 pints. Remainder 8 pints.

Hawaii Kai Chevron - 84 miles, using 9 pints 2 oz. remainder 6 pints 14 oz.

Home - 103 miles, using 11 pints 2 oz., remaining gas is 4 pints 14 oz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an email that my Heavy duty Freewheel shipped today, the great guys at Sick Bike parts helped me out to get us on the road this weekend! I think I'll be road ready!:helmet:

Back