MBs -- little brother to the Harley's

bull by the horns

One of the few good things about Harleys is that with the distinctive exhaust note you can hear them coming.

isn't that the truth
no other sound like a Harley

I have had a couple of those Harley THINGS
woooo I like that sound
does someTHING funny to the Ladie's also !!!

and at times I tried to fake it with straight pipes on
Honda 90 with a straight pipe -- the THING was a trip
then when I was 6 years old -- 7 1/2 hp PowerCraft mini bike with straight pipe -- little boy thought he had a bull by the horns !!!

as he rode that THING

exhaust sund

I must come clean,I actually owned an ancient Indian Scout once, after WW 2 ,despite my 2 stroke leanings. I rescued it from a junk yard, a 750 cc sidevalve V twin.Indian pioneered the V twin over 100 years ago (Oscar Hedstrom).The engine itself was still in reasonable shape and the rest could be fixed or refurbished,with the help of a generous uncle in the States.
I gave it eventually to my brother,a sedate type,the Indian suited him.But he got engaged to a very proper young woman who could not be caught dead near such an uncouth monster,so he traded it in for a second hand Fiat,the shame of it !.It did not have the Harley sound though, despite being a V twin.

Last edited by a moderator:
there are so many things that brought a good smile on my face dusty face. first was mountain man's 2 harley guys giving him thumbs up and also how someone said "harley guys / gals do study more into the motorcycle history." this thread and each n every replies here is just one of a kind. kinda brings out everyone's love for the road.

Last edited:
The Harley guys around here aren't bad sorts either,after I'd given them a run for their money on the twisties in the mountains once last year, I found them inspecting my souped-up ancient Yamaha 2 stroke which was parked at a restaurant.They had never seen anything like it and seemed impressed that something rather wimpy looking could best them,but were quite cordial about it.

MBs made by Harley and Indian way back when

The Harley guys around here aren't bad sorts either

no -- most of the Harley guys are beyond making bad these days
many have retired from that now -- just want to ride those HD things

ok -- still wondering here
which company will be the first to copy -- pretty darn close
one of those sweet little motor bikes made way back when by Harley or Indian ??
??????????

the first to do this -- will sell plenty
those old looking motor bikes
are in our blood.....

ride that little cool looking thing

Last edited:
I think an Indian Co. bought all the tooling and is making what amounts to replicas of these 50 year old thumpers.What the quality is,who knows ?.Put the missus in a sidecar and don't forget to bring your spanners along!,

Last edited by a moderator:
Very True! The Enfield is not like one of our lil scoots by a longshot..lol:rolleyes:

A 49cc Kikker Hardknock is closer to what this forum is about but it cant be registered in about 1/2 of the USA due to EPA and miscellaneous state regulations.

Back