More chain woes...

Thanks guys
I've been trying to find that kmc kool chain for ages but cant find any over here. I'll try out the chain on ebay hopefully then I will be back on the road! and can finally test out all my new mods :D

Fastboy

Try looking for YBN BMX half link chains 1/2 - 1/8. I think they're a lot tougher than KMC chains.

fastboy....squiz this man.
If your interested count your links(actual pins through the chain) & see if u can get away with 100.
If u can't & are still interested better to buy 3 chains & have plenty in reserve for other projects cos they fit ALL(2-stroke/4-stroke) HT sprockets.
Check-out other LOCAL prices on the internet cos this seems rather expensive for what it is.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=25430

Dunno Van if u could exactly call it "cornering" cos their getting hard to come by here now......"hoarding" maybe cos i bought a whole heap of them at a great price while i could.
That's the thing with ALL the stuff u see...get it as quickly as u can while u can.

Thanks alot fetor!! I ordered the ebay chain but it didnt fit :( sold it again now though, so I can order the kmc 910 and I've heard from a lot of people that these are perfect fit. Bikes been off the road for so long that I think my petrol has gone off lol.

nearly there! :)

Mustn't Use Master Link.

Every chain that I've used a master link has thrown itself, sometimes as quickly as a 50-foot ride.(Yeah, I know, alignment.)

The bike shop installed a standard link and I've NEVER thrown a chain again.

I also fabbed a chain tensioner out of a skateboard wheel, spring and scrap metal after fixing the chain. I guess that also helped.:eek:nline2long:

Thanks guys, finally got the perfect chain to fit. but it wasnt tensioned enough and ended up bunching up at the sprocket, throwing me off the bike lol! not sure how I'm going to get the chain off now :-s

Thanks guys, finally got the perfect chain to fit. but it wasnt tensioned enough and ended up bunching up at the sprocket, throwing me off the bike lol! not sure how I'm going to get the chain off now :-s
Get the chain off anyway u can...pry/juggle/jiggle/force/curse.....anything short of destroying it.
Remove the sprocket and slide it off.There's posts here about how to do that & there's also threads about how to make-up a descent chain tensioner.

PS...it's been ages since i've worked on a HT 2-stroke so i can't remember if it's possible to remove the sprocket with the chain on....it should be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back