DSCN1855.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,098
  • DSCN1854.jpg
    DSCN1854.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 1,072
  • DSCN1850.jpg
    DSCN1850.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 986
Don't miss a shift and your fine, miss shift coming up to a light with momentum for example and downshifted too low a gear then WOT it and it will take the chain and in one case I saw the derailleur with it.

That was just ~3.5HP 2-stroke I built, convinced him to swap out the rear gears for internals with a nice 410 HD chain and he still rides it to this day with no issues.

what internal geared hub would you suggested. oh and i found a manual clutch for my 212 175$ is quite pricey but it would be cool to dump the clutch.

Hi,
While I admire your courage, I fear for your life every time I look at your photos.

Please consider upgrading the wheels! That motor is going to destroy the small spokes and rims in short order.

Although your current chain is working, I am sure it will let you down very soon.

I am only mentioning this because the 212 motor has a lot of raw torque, and it will simply place massive stress on the drive train.

Chance are the automatic clutch will be far less stressful than a manual version.

We have sold a lot of drives for the 79 & 99 CC HF motors and we use the Max Torque cent. clutch and a #41 HD chain to keep the torque under control, and with the correct gearing ratios one speed is all that is needed. Most often the 79 & 99 CC HF motors easily take the average rider over 50 MPH [way too fast for stock bicycle wheels]using a single speed drive.

Looking forward to following your build.

Have fun,

Hi,

We have sold a lot of drives for the 79 & 99 CC HF motors and we use the Max Torque cent. clutch and a #41 HD chain to keep the torque under control, and with the correct gearing ratios one speed is all that is needed. Most often the 79 & 99 CC HF motors easily take the average rider over 50 MPH [way too fast for stock bicycle wheels]using a single speed drive.
Yep, my 79cc HF build has one of your drives and it really moved.

2_79ccPredL.jpg

2_79ccPredR.jpg

If you go with a jackshaft I agree with the others, get yourself a really good back rim, then lace in a nice 3-speed with a drum or disc brake and 12g spokes and use fat chain.
http://www.sturmey-archer.com/products/hubs/cid/3/id/18.html

I'd forget the manual clutch as well, it might sound fun to 'drop the clutch' but doing so is more likely to drop you on your butt in the street with a busted bike than anything fun.

thanks everyone for all the feeback.maybe your right on the manual clutch, I have a max torque on my setup it works good, but gets hot just might be because i havent fully engaged it. how would you oil those? had it all set up for testing and the jackshaft came off so i had to re setup the whole thing, gonna gusset the dam thing maybe. lots of torque but im gonna slowly get the things i need to match for the torque. and 3 speed hubs that anybody recommends?

UPDATE!!!
Off to the bike shop today to get some parts, thinking about going with a internal hub that is in line with the hub side. the ones like are on a full size trike any suggestions?

Hey everyone, today i picked up a 4hp lawn mower engine, converting it to horizontal shaft.
anyways to the point, for a discontinued lawn mower it has more perks than my predator.
such as pulse fitting on carb, aluminum flywheel, and a intake manifold!!? plans to make a tunnel ram like the moto gp bikes. will be posting pics tonight of scarlets progess and my new miniature motorized bike:mad:

Back