New 12v Magnetos?

I picked this up I figured it saves me upgrading the plug wire and boot atleast
That will work just fine..the cdi is a stock one like you already have more than likely but, the wire and boot look to be upgrades.

Get yourself the OZ magneto..It is wound to provide lower ohms which will create a hotter stronger spark in general.

Seal retainer is always good...more so with really high compression but it's good insurance non the less.

Yes and no I'm still kinda in limbo about what I'm gonna do with it I have two motors right now the stage two and a full 2015 Gt5 set I haven't started up yet I went into it and did some work gasbike sent me a pretty decent turd to begin with once I learned more about these motors I was kinda irritated but eh I think it looks good except my first shot at using high heat enamel was rushed so my head and intake are a little ghetto but I think it adds character

Attachments

• 20171019_154154.jpg
    20171019_154154.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 20171019_154154.jpg
    20171019_154154.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 20171019_153939.jpg
    20171019_153939.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 165
  • 20171019_154000.jpg
    20171019_154000.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 134
one might think these could be better mags if the extra wire weren't used, but then I recall the 450 ohm mags of a year or two ago that blew out the CDI real quick

ok phew lol was a bit worried for a second ive got that dio kit and the replacement original stage 2 top end all showing up tomorrow and then my next item to snag up is one of these babys

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 120
One of the worst diagrams to describe the idea behind it being 12v and any better than the next but OK...

So the bullet train is just another option that you can pick from that will charge a battery natively, these mags look like smoke and mirrors that have been covered by even more smoke, they can't charge a battery without special electronics and can't power an led light correctly without a set of electronics either..

I would like to see one actually being used and perhaps the actual voltage when used at normal rpms out of curiosity but I would bet that it would be something pretty cheesy when compared to the price of a rechargeable led type bike light. Which reminds me if you buy this mag you still need to buy a compatible lamp and then wire it to the magneto and to the ground (anything connected to the motor casing somehow) to get light. 3 watts isn't much at all which means virtually useless during the day for actually attracting attention and barely useful at faster than normal bicycle speeds at night since you'll have very little illumination ahead of you. I'm running a 10 Watt led for a headlamp and I'm not satisfied with just that, it still feels underpowered and I'll be adding a secondary highbeam into the system when I find time.

Batteries are a great option, I have a simple 20 dollar smart charger for a sealed lead acid deep cycle, the battery itself was something like 10 dollars, and it provides enough power for a full lighting system for about a week, when the battery is low enough my blinkers won't flash and that's the signal for me to plug it in, I hook it up at night before bed or whenever I get home and the battery charges in a couple hours.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back