New engine kit?

I do not like to buy anything new till it has been out for a while. Not long ago I put a big bore stroker kit of 113 CI in a HD motor that had just came out. One of the gaskets got messed up and had a hick of a time trying to get one as all I heard was they just came out and we do not have any parts yet. All so I like other to test them well before I decided to buy. Right now do not have plains to buy one.

Another problem with a ball hone is the balls on the stems stop as they load (the stems bending backwards) then spring out and slap the cylinder leaving a very poor finish. Might be fine for sum but I only know one way and the is the RIGHT WAY!

Even the Harley manual says to use them after boring as a final finish but whoever wrote it does not know what is best in my 45 years of riding motorcycles I have seen much poor information in manuals. I use a plateau finish which is best. When you hone a cylinder it leaves a peak on the cross hatch. When the rings go over this peak the peak breaks off which is not good for either the rings, piston, cylinder not even talking about all the trash in the motor. A plateau finish is just that it removes these peaks so they do not break off. That is why Harley says to use a ball hone after boring but the proper way is to use a platteau brush in the honing machine gives a MUCH better finish! You can even feel the difference before and after the plateau finish.

Then of course you still wash in HOT soapy water wipe out and put some WD40 on them. After that you take a CLEAN rag with some automatic transmission oil and wipe the cylinder out till the rag comes out clean. Without the plateau finish you will be wiping out the cylinder MUCH LONGER and will never be as good as a plateau finish. Do some research and see.

Is it me or does that intake manifold scream reed valve? Looks like a you could diy one could get really close to the piston. That intake manifold is stepped. It looks like where it gets closer towards the piston that when it steps down that's for the cylinder so it doesn't look very far to the piston. And the beginning of the intake manifold looks extremely wide as it's inside of the jug. So yeah looks like you could stick a for pedal and they're real close and designed the rest of the intake around it. And then since you can't change the head maybe you can do some flirting and then take it off with some real long bits. Design a expansion chamber for it this thing could be a real screamer.

Another problem with a ball hone is the balls on the stems stop as they load (the stems bending backwards) then spring out and slap the cylinder leaving a very poor finish. Might be fine for sum but I only know one way and the is the RIGHT WAY!

Even the Harley manual says to use them after boring as a final finish but whoever wrote it does not know what is best in my 45 years of riding motorcycles I have seen much poor information in manuals. I use a plateau finish which is best. When you hone a cylinder it leaves a peak on the cross hatch. When the rings go over this peak the peak breaks off which is not good for either the rings, piston, cylinder not even talking about all the trash in the motor. A plateau finish is just that it removes these peaks so they do not break off. That is why Harley says to use a ball hone after boring but the proper way is to use a platteau brush in the honing machine gives a MUCH better finish! You can even feel the difference before and after the plateau finish.

Then of course you still wash in HOT soapy water wipe out and put some WD40 on them. After that you take a CLEAN rag with some automatic transmission oil and wipe the cylinder out till the rag comes out clean. Without the plateau finish you will be wiping out the cylinder MUCH LONGER and will never be as good as a plateau finish. Do some research and see.
wrong thread?

start slow and you won't have whip problems. variable frequency drive will do the trick.

45 years of whatever ain't worth a damn if you ain't willing to experiment.

wd40 is for chumps too, pb blast is the good stuff

wrong thread?

start slow and you won't have whip problems. variable frequency drive will do the trick.

45 years of whatever ain't worth a damn if you ain't willing to experiment.

wd40 is for chumps too, pb blast is the good stuff

I have and then put items under microscope. The ball hone leaves a very poor finish. How many have you looked at under a microscope??????? I know what sort of job they do!! I still have the ball hone if you pay shipping I will send it to you as I HAVE NOT USED IT SINCE I TESTED IT 25 or 30 years ago. Like I said use what you want I use only the best. Evidently you need to read as this is ONE of the threads!!!!!!! You still do not have a clue.

Last edited:
I see both side of this argument but i most say. Even though it seem that the most of you guys have beed building bikes for a while. And most of you are of a high age then myself. Me being only 22 years old
I have built a number of bikes for a number of poeple. And whether it was a 4 stroke or and 2 stroke. Everyone has there style of bike and profered riding. I started off build bike when i was 10 years old just for myself. Then i mounted my first engine on a bike when i was 13. I used a briggs and straton. Then i found out that i can buys these kits online. So i started building and selling bikes wen i was 16 as my first job. I found over the years that its not whats best its want the people want
Some people like the clutch and bump start style engine. Some people like the pull start 4 stroke. And i have built and sold 4 of the electric start engine kits. They are prety good engine
I belive just looking at the size of the top end, that u can fit the smaller style bump start engines head and cylinder on it. The 49cc style. Not the 66cc-80cc style
B4 u start saying now much a person is a p**sy or shouldnt ride because they cant use a clutch. Think of what the persons style is
Like cars. People build hot rod they build number matching cars they build rat rods they build full out custom never seen b4 builds. Its all in want the style of that person is

I see both side of this argument but i most say. Even though it seem that the most of you guys have beed building bikes for a while. And most of you are of a high age then myself. Me being only 22 years old
I have built a number of bikes for a number of poeple. And whether it was a 4 stroke or and 2 stroke. Everyone has there style of bike and profered riding. I started off build bike when i was 10 years old just for myself. Then i mounted my first engine on a bike when i was 13. I used a briggs and straton. Then i found out that i can buys these kits online. So i started building and selling bikes wen i was 16 as my first job. I found over the years that its not whats best its want the people want
Some people like the clutch and bump start style engine. Some people like the pull start 4 stroke. And i have built and sold 4 of the electric start engine kits. They are prety good engine
I belive just looking at the size of the top end, that u can fit the smaller style bump start engines head and cylinder on it. The 49cc style. Not the 66cc-80cc style
B4 u start saying now much a person is a p**sy or shouldnt ride because they cant use a clutch. Think of what the persons style is
Like cars. People build hot rod they build number matching cars they build rat rods they build full out custom never seen b4 builds. Its all in want the style of that person is
Preach!!!!! Can I Get A Amen!?!?!
AMEN!

On a side note ill have this "NEW" kit Thursday ill post full images and/or videos of unpacking and pulling apart the top end and side covers to see the workings of this thing and solve all of are problems and get the answers we want!

Preach!!!!! Can I Get A Amen!?!?!
AMEN!

On a side note ill have this "NEW" kit Thursday ill post full images and/or videos of unpacking and pulling apart the top end and side covers to see the workings of this thing and solve all of are problems and get the answers we want!
Sounds grate like i said i hav had my hands on a couple but they werent for my own build so i didnt want to just start taking it apart
But if u can find out more info then just want it looks like and how it works. That would b grate

It came early guys...
20160901_122536.jpg

Alot of stuff nicely packed up to

And look a full color installation manual
20160901_123436.jpg
Heres side by side veiws of the new and old 2 stroke
20160901_123530.jpg 20160901_123430.jpg 20160901_123424.jpg 20160901_123419.jpg 20160901_123257.jpg 20160901_123222.jpg 20160901_123142.jpg
The exhaust port faces toward the right side of the bicycle not the left like the old one

Electronics box
20160901_123508.jpg

Probly going to ditch the box and put internals somewhere snug instead of a gaint box

More pics in next post (10 limit per post.....

Back