New motorcycle genre to emulate

Hey Jon, did you paint the wheels on that red bike? If so, did you tear them down or just spray them complete? I just got a front and rear wheel for the Andian and I'd love to have them all black. The front has a drum brake but I'd love to get the all-black look like your red one. Also, did you create the fender sides for that bike? They look great!

painting the rims

Hey,
Yes I painted the rims, I do a lot of custom painting and effects at my job so it makes it easy to do, you can paint the rims and spokes directly as long as you scotchbrite the surface first then use a metal etch primer before your top coat any goog auto parts store should carry what you need you can still tune spokes if you need to just dont bury the rim with paint.
I make my own skirts and tank panels from stainless steel, but you can also use 1/8 abs plastic from your handy plastic supply store easy to cut and shape and paints well! make a template from poster board using your bike frame as a guide any questions let me know! I am in the prscess of making a twin cylinder (4 stroke)motor for bikes I will keep you posted!

These bikes are absolutely sick.

Does anyone have experience with chopping the seatpost off and putting on a more motorcyclish seat? I think that would help with the look of our machines alot.

seat enhancment

If you move the seat attachment to the very front of the seat base then add seat shocks to the rear down to the frame it makes for a very clean motorcycle look.
oddly enough custom bike are starting to look like motorized bikes check out the world bike winners at sturgis

Back