New Schwinn Build

Hi Chris,

I would use the un-scripted handle, because it is much less expensive and was used on many Schwinn models sold under private labels [Western Auto, Firestone, Chicago, etc, etc], and of course the un-scripted handle was used on most of the Whizzers using the Schwinn front brake wheel.

Have fun,

Thanks, as always for the advice Quenton. I had put my search for a brake handle on the back burner thinking I may end up buying one of those over priced reproduction fakes, however I bought one on ebay yesterday for less than half the price of those rip off ones! To me, original is more valuable anyway. Today I have a brake cable coming that I ordered from Fred White a few days ago. $12 dollars, not the $30-$35 dollar ones they sell on eBay. I suggest people buy from people like Fred or Quenton (when Quenton will let go of something)lol, rather than the ripoffs on eBay.
Now that I have my final Phantom part I can turn my attention to Portland. I was wondering if I would have to get a vendor spot to bring and display my bikes? I'm just going to be there for Saturday so I will not be able to enter the show. I'm going to have to rent a van or u haul for the day. Even if I was comfortable leaving my bikes there for 4 days I'd have to rent another van to pick them up. That's not an expense I'm willing to bear just to win a trophy for best Whizzer motorbike ever! lol $_57 (9).jpg

Thanks, as always for the advice Quenton.
Now that I have my final Phantom part I can turn my attention to Portland. I was wondering if I would have to get a vendor spot to bring and display my bikes? I'm just going to be there for Saturday so I will not be able to enter the show. I'm going to have to rent a van or u haul for the day. Even if I was comfortable leaving my bikes there for 4 days I'd have to rent another van to pick them up. That's not an expense I'm willing to bear just to win a trophy for best Whizzer motorbike ever! lol
I'm sure you can park your bikes with Quenton & me. We have a great spot.

Last edited:
Thanks Jay! That would be great to hang out with you guys for the day. I could chip in a little orr bring the chips. I have to start thinking about reserving a u-haul van and getting these bikes ready to go! Picking up my fenders for the current project this morning and taking them straight to the pin-striper. Hopefully will be ready tomorrow!
Chris

Back