Newest Phantom 85 Information

get it to TDC then flip it over?
seems to be 180 deg out
Woodruff key is at 1 o"clock position at TDC.

The pic I took was so you could see that when it spins around there is too much clearance "airgap" on the north side and next to zero gap on the south side...That is what I need to rectify.

OK, so I have the Phantom 85 this morning and have assembled the jug with no problem etc. no slag, no sharp edges to catch rings etc and the piston is installed correctly unlike my Zeda 80.

I'm removing all the side covers one at a time right now to see if anything is wrong from the factory and found this on the magneto.

View attachment 177574

I have never had to re-adjust a magneto on any of my motors before so now is my time to ask for some help with this before I even take one screw out of this...Obviously, it is never going to run like this.

It's obvious it is not postioned correctly and I would like to know the correct way of fixing this problem...Thanks in advance...DAMIEN
Did you take the nut off, or there never was one?

Loosen 4 screws and put a business card on both sides of the coil to center, tighten screws.

Did you take the nut off, or there never was one?

Loosen 4 screws and put a business carb on both sides of the coil to center, tighten screws.
The nut and lockwasher were there, but never tightened, glad I looked...lol.

I think I have it centered about as well as I can now, not perfect, but piston, crank, etc now turn properly.

Excuse me Damien 1307. You're saying the nut and the lock washer on the magnet were loose, and tightening that centered the magnet? At any rate, do you think it is worth your time and hassle to remove the magnet and check that the crank case seal is installed correctly?

Excuse me Damien 1307. You're saying the nut and the lock washer on the magnet were loose, and tightening that centered the magnet? At any rate, do you think it is worth your time and hassle to remove the magnet and check that the crank case seal is installed correctly?
I am actually planning on doing that tomorrow...My hands have all knarled up on me with my arthrits so i'm useless for the rest of today to do anymore now.

Loose isnt the word by the way, it's like someone just put the lockwasher and nut on it and there was no attempt to even tighten it...They were in free spin mode...lol.

I am actually planning on doing that tomorrow...My hands have all knarled up on me with my arthrits so i'm useless for the rest of today to do anymore now.

Loose isnt the word by the way, it's like someone just put the lockwasher and nut on it and there was no attempt to even tighten it...They were in free spin mode...lol.
That's horrible when that happens, it's hard to even turn a screwdriver. I get that, some days I can go all day and then the next I can't even make a fist.

Doc gave me a pill for gout and inflammation (Indomethacin) when my knee was acting up
I now get a Cortisone shot every three months and WOW what a difference 80% of the pain is gone

My fingers were really cramping up on me Damn arthritis
I still have that bottle of pills the Doc gave me for my knee and now when my hands hurt from arthritis I'll take one of those pills.
After a few hours or when I wake up in the morning my hands don't hurt anymore

Only problem is I'm almost out of those pills I'm gonna have to ask the doc if their the right pills and can I have some more or should I take something else for the arthritis in my hands

Back